My Computer is freezing and restarting when gaming

hey

I have a weird problem, when I play games, in the first 5 minutes only, my pc freezes and restarts on its own, if it went through these 5 minutes, that wouldn't happen, also, if it restarts once, I can play as many times as I want, if and only if I don't shut it down.

but today, it froze and restarted 3 consecutive times, as well as I couldn't play more than 5 minutes as I mentioned before. I tried prime95 and the temp is fine, then tried MSI afterburn and the temp also fine.

what could be the problem guys?
8 answers Last reply
More about computer freezing restarting gaming
  1. It might be a problem with motherboard battery, I had something similar happening. If the battery is at least 3 years old, it's worth exchanging it.
  2. DRagor said:
    It might be a problem with motherboard battery, I had something similar happening. If the battery is at least 3 years old, it's worth exchanging it.


    The battery is 5 years old, I tries to reset BIOS to its default values ( CPU was overclocked ), and up to now, everything is ok. If the issue happened again, I would replace the battery. Thank You.
  3. DRagor said:
    It might be a problem with motherboard battery, I had something similar happening. If the battery is at least 3 years old, it's worth exchanging it.


    Hey, I replaced the battery and the problem still persists, it seems worse now, any suggestions?
  4. In this case, only two failing components can be guilty - PSU or motherboard. Hard to tell which one, but in such cases you always start testing with PSU.
  5. DRagor said:
    In this case, only two failing components can be guilty - PSU or motherboard. Hard to tell which one, but in such cases you always start testing with PSU.


    There’s another problem, the performance had downgraded, there is a huge drop in framerates, I checked BIOS and CPU and everthing is fine as previous, do you what caused this problem? Sorry to bother you, thank you friend
  6. If temps are fine, fluctuations in voltage control could cause performance problems, but again this could be both caused by PSU and motherboard.
  7. DRagor said:
    If temps are fine, fluctuations in voltage control could cause performance problems, but again this could be both caused by PSU and motherboard.


    Yeah temps are fine and the voltage as well, I don’t know, but this problem happened only when I changed the battery, There’s something wrong here.. how can I know if the GPU or CPU that constraints the other?

    Edit: I tried to take out the battery and place it after 5 minutes, but the problem still persistents
  8. MERGED QUESTION
    Question from Herooftime2008 : "PC freezing and restarting"

    Herooftime2008 said:
    hey

    I have a weird problem, when I play games, in the first 5 minutes only, my pc freezes and restarts on its own, if it went through these 5 minutes, that wouldn't happen, also, if it restarts once, I can play as many times as I want, if and only if I don't shut it down.

    but today, it froze and restarted 3 consecutive times, as well as I couldn't play more than 5 minutes as I mentioned before. I tried prime95 and the temp is fine, then tried MSI afterburn and the temp also fine.

    what could be the problem guys?
Ask a new question

Read More

Video Games Gaming Computers