Solved

Overheating PC Maybe?

Hey so my PC keeps shutting itself down. Or bluescreening just randomly. Usually when I play games. This is what my HWMonitor is saying. https://puu.sh/zjNVK/12f04340a0.png But 115 seems like way too high.
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about overheating
  1. What are your full PC specs? We need the complete list.
  2. ArchitSahu said:
    What are your full PC specs? We need the complete list.
    I7 4770K
    GTX 960
    16 GB DDR3
    WIN 10
    Anything else?

  3. PSU. Motherboard. Fans? How is the cooling?
  4. ArchitSahu said:
    PSU. Motherboard. Fans? How is the cooling?


    asus Intel H87 Express
    750 watt and I have my back fan, cpu cooler and the fans on my GPU thats all. Ive had my PC for about 4~ years now and the problem has been happening for about a month and the cooling seems alright.
  5. The motherboard temperature readouts are high, your VRM is running hot.
    Does this happen if you remove the side panel of your case? Is there dust accumulated on the board?
    You should be able to feel heat coming off of any component at that temperature by holding the back of your hand over it. (Don't touch anything until you know it's not that hot. 120C is enough to cause second degree burns.)

    Other than that, it might simply be a sensor failing.
  6. Maynardb said:
    ArchitSahu said:
    PSU. Motherboard. Fans? How is the cooling?


    asus Intel H87 Express
    750 watt and I have my back fan, cpu cooler and the fans on my GPU thats all. Ive had my PC for about 4~ years now and the problem has been happening for about a month and the cooling seems alright.


    Exact PSU model. You need to give detailed lists. My first synopsis would be that your PSU would be failing. 4 Years, so It could be a failing PSU.
  7. zoltan.boese said:
    The motherboard temperature readouts are high, your VRM is running hot.
    Does this happen if you remove the side panel of your case? Is there dust accumulated on the board?
    You should be able to feel heat coming off of any component at that temperature by holding the back of your hand over it. (Don't touch anything until you know it's not that hot. 120C is enough to cause second degree burns.)

    Other than that, it might simply be a sensor failing.


    I dont feel any heat. Would the sensors force itself to freeze up/ shut down though?
  8. ArchitSahu said:
    Maynardb said:
    ArchitSahu said:
    PSU. Motherboard. Fans? How is the cooling?


    asus Intel H87 Express
    750 watt and I have my back fan, cpu cooler and the fans on my GPU thats all. Ive had my PC for about 4~ years now and the problem has been happening for about a month and the cooling seems alright.


    Exact PSU model. You need to give detailed lists. My first synopsis would be that your PSU would be failing. 4 Years, so It could be a failing PSU.


    https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16817152057 thats the PSU
  9. Best answer
    There is your problem. That is pretty shit and horrible PSU.

    You want some horror stories on it?
    https://it.pcpartpicker.com/forums/topic/119536-raidmax-vampire-800-watt-psu-any-good

    http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3411553/voltage-psu-raidmax-vampire-800gh.html

    Literally garbage. Replace it asap with a GOOD quality unit from Seasonic or EVGA or Corsair.
Ask a new question

Read More

Games