GPU Under Performing [gtx 1070]

Hello, just recently i bought my self a gtx 107 founders edition. very quickly i had realized that it not being used to it full potential.
In Players Unknown Battlegrounds i get around 60 fps on very high but the card is only being used around 50-65%, i don't thing it bottle necked by anything as my cpu is under 40-60% load while gaming in PUBG, very similar thing is happening in GTA V, in nvidia control panel i had set it to "prefer maximum performance" ]

Any suggestions is welcomed
ThankYou

Specs
Powersupply corsair 650w
RAM corsair 8gb
CPU i7-4790 3.6ghz
GPU gtx 1070 founders edition
and 1tb HDD
Reply to martin151999
17 answers Last reply
More about gpu performing gtx 1070
  1. If for some reason you have VSync enabled (which I usually do anyway) this will happen...but usually you will be very close to 60 fps...like 59-61...not just "around" 60 fps.....unless that's what you mean.
    Reply to jay32267
  2. it around 60 fps 50-65fps i have disabled vsync in game and aslo in nvidia control panel. so i dont think it that, but thanks.
    Reply to martin151999
  3. jay32267 said:
    If for some reason you have VSync enabled (which I usually do anyway) this will happen...but usually you will be very close to 60 fps...like 59-61...not just "around" 60 fps.....unless that's what you mean.



    it around 60 fps 50-65fps i have disabled vsync in game and aslo in nvidia control panel. so i dont think it that, but thanks.
    Reply to martin151999
  4. Are you running the games at highest settings? And, what resolution?
    The behavior is something new or has it always been like that?
    Reply to hellraiser06
  5. .
    Reply to martin151999
  6. hellraiser06 said:
    Are you running the games at highest settings? And, what resolution?
    The behavior is something new or has it always been like that?



    I'been running games in 1080p at highest settings, and im using less than 50% gpu power, and i dont know if it been like this with my old card
    Reply to martin151999
  7. martin151999 said:
    hellraiser06 said:
    Are you running the games at highest settings? And, what resolution?
    The behavior is something new or has it always been like that?



    I'been running games in 1080p at highest settings, and im using less than 50% gpu power, and i dont know if it been like this with my old card


    Can you install MSI afterburner and monitor the Temps. Since it's a founders edition is possible that Temps are rising causing the card to throttle
    Reply to hellraiser06
  8. hellraiser06 said:
    martin151999 said:
    hellraiser06 said:
    Are you running the games at highest settings? And, what resolution?
    The behavior is something new or has it always been like that?



    I'been running games in 1080p at highest settings, and im using less than 50% gpu power, and i dont know if it been like this with my old card


    Can you install MSI afterburner and monitor the Temps. Since it's a founders edition is possible that Temps are rising causing the card to throttle


    just played for 40 min of pubg the card never went above 75 the highest it got was 73, i don't think it the temps causing the issue
    Reply to martin151999
  9. Okay, so we can eliminate the temps.

    How does the voltage utilization look like in MSI AB?
    Reply to hellraiser06
  10. hellraiser06 said:
    Okay, so we can eliminate the temps.

    How does the voltage utilization look like in MSI AB?


    im ssure hot to check that, how ever when i do benchmarks with future mark the gpu goes 100% on load and i hit good fps, but when i play pubg and have everything on ultra it only allows me to hit 60 fps, no matter what settings i use im always on 60 fps
    Reply to martin151999
  11. martin151999 said:
    hellraiser06 said:
    Okay, so we can eliminate the temps.

    How does the voltage utilization look like in MSI AB?


    im ssure hot to check that, how ever when i do benchmarks with future mark the gpu goes 100% on load and i hit good fps, but when i play pubg and have everything on ultra it only allows me to hit 60 fps, no matter what settings i use im always on 60 fps


    That sounds like V-sync is on, or the game has a FPS limiter.

    The fact that all settings results in the same FPS, tells me the problem is with a FPS limit of some sort, or a CPU bottleneck, which could be heat related.
    Reply to bystander
  12. bystander said:
    martin151999 said:
    hellraiser06 said:
    Okay, so we can eliminate the temps.

    How does the voltage utilization look like in MSI AB?


    im ssure hot to check that, how ever when i do benchmarks with future mark the gpu goes 100% on load and i hit good fps, but when i play pubg and have everything on ultra it only allows me to hit 60 fps, no matter what settings i use im always on 60 fps


    That sounds like V-sync is on, or the game has a FPS limiter.

    The fact that all settings results in the same FPS, tells me the problem is with a FPS limit of some sort, or a CPU bottleneck, which could be heat related.


    well cpu usage in PUBG is on 40% and temps of cpu is below 60 and gpu temp is below 80, i had aslo turned vsync of in pubg and in nvidia control panel, and i know people hit 130 fps with this card on everything medium. so im not sure what the problem is
    Reply to martin151999
  13. martin151999 said:
    well cpu usage in PUBG is on 40% and temps of cpu is below 60 and gpu temp is below 80, i had aslo turned vsync of in pubg and in nvidia control panel, and i know people hit 130 fps with this card on everything medium. so im not sure what the problem is


    The CPU usage, when bottlenecked, will only reach 40-50% on an i7 like that. So that doesn't rule that out. The fact that you get 60 FPS on all settings tells me there is almost certainly a FPS limiter. FPS are never that consistent otherwise. V-sync is one obvious limiter, but there are other possible limiters in place.
    Reply to bystander
  14. bystander said:
    martin151999 said:
    well cpu usage in PUBG is on 40% and temps of cpu is below 60 and gpu temp is below 80, i had aslo turned vsync of in pubg and in nvidia control panel, and i know people hit 130 fps with this card on everything medium. so im not sure what the problem is


    The CPU usage, when bottlenecked, will only reach 40-50% on an i7 like that. So that doesn't rule that out. The fact that you get 60 FPS on all settings tells me there is almost certainly a FPS limiter. FPS are never that consistent otherwise. V-sync is one obvious limiter, but there are other possible limiters in place.


    well it drops to around 40 but very rarely it mostly between 57-61, is there anything else so i can unlock this fps ?, however my gpu hits 100% load in benchmarking
    Reply to martin151999
  15. martin151999 said:
    bystander said:
    martin151999 said:
    well cpu usage in PUBG is on 40% and temps of cpu is below 60 and gpu temp is below 80, i had aslo turned vsync of in pubg and in nvidia control panel, and i know people hit 130 fps with this card on everything medium. so im not sure what the problem is


    The CPU usage, when bottlenecked, will only reach 40-50% on an i7 like that. So that doesn't rule that out. The fact that you get 60 FPS on all settings tells me there is almost certainly a FPS limiter. FPS are never that consistent otherwise. V-sync is one obvious limiter, but there are other possible limiters in place.


    well it drops to around 40 but very rarely it mostly between 57-61, is there anything else so i can unlock this fps ?, however my gpu hits 100% load in benchmarking




    Those FPS are fairly consistent with most graphical settings? If so, check the clock rate of your CPU cores. See if they are reaching the proper clock rates. You need to check individual cores. The overall CPU usage is pretty worthless for getting useful info.
    Reply to bystander
  16. bystander said:
    martin151999 said:
    bystander said:
    martin151999 said:
    well cpu usage in PUBG is on 40% and temps of cpu is below 60 and gpu temp is below 80, i had aslo turned vsync of in pubg and in nvidia control panel, and i know people hit 130 fps with this card on everything medium. so im not sure what the problem is


    The CPU usage, when bottlenecked, will only reach 40-50% on an i7 like that. So that doesn't rule that out. The fact that you get 60 FPS on all settings tells me there is almost certainly a FPS limiter. FPS are never that consistent otherwise. V-sync is one obvious limiter, but there are other possible limiters in place.



    well it drops to around 40 but very rarely it mostly between 57-61, is there anything else so i can unlock this fps ?, however my gpu hits 100% load in benchmarking




    Those FPS are fairly consistent with most graphical settings? If so, check the clock rate of your CPU cores. See if they are reaching the proper clock rates. You need to check individual cores. The overall CPU usage is pretty worthless for getting useful info.


    yeah i hit them fps all the time, how can i check the cpu clock rates ?
    Reply to martin151999
  17. HWMonitor can check. I think you can also check in game using MSI Afterburner, but I'm not 100% sure if that particular info can be checked.
    Reply to bystander
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Gaming Power GPUs Performance Gtx