Artifacts in Unigine(Valley and Heaven) but games are stable. Is my overclock okay?

I just overclocked my MSI gtx 1060 6gb to +150CC/+500MC and i get some artifacts on some screens in Heaven and Valley, sometimes a black screen occurs for 5 seconds, and then it continues. But while playing games(Witcher 3, Shadow of War, Dishonored 2, Dark souls 3, BF4) i don't get any artifacts, nor any crashing. I haven't tried any other benchmarks yet. So is my OC stable, or i need to lower it?
9 answers Last reply
More about artifacts unigine valley heaven games stable overclock
  1. As long as you're getting artifacts it means your oc isn't stable and you would need to lower the clock or increase the voltage. But do it at your own risk.
  2. wesleyh2003 said:
    As long as you're getting artifacts it means your oc isn't stable and you would need to lower the clock or increase the voltage. But do it at your own risk.

    So my OC isn't stable. Then why i don't get any artifacts in games, but only on Heaven and Valley?
  3. Probably because those are stress tests. Stress tests generally will push a GPU harder, in a shorter time, than regular gaming would.
  4. sam_nightfire said:
    wesleyh2003 said:
    As long as you're getting artifacts it means your oc isn't stable and you would need to lower the clock or increase the voltage. But do it at your own risk.

    So my OC isn't stable. Then why i don't get any artifacts in games, but only on Heaven and Valley?


    Heaven and valley are stress tested aimed at maxing the gpu and really testing it. If you are artifacting in that you need to revise your oc since once a game asks a bit to much from your card it can easily start atrifacting or crash. You can also be slowly damaging it by running it in an unstable manner.
  5. The moment i touch my memory clocks, artifacts will appear on Heaven/Valley. On stock, it runs fine. So does it mean that i cannot overclock my card? Or should i add voltage(which I'm scared to change)
  6. sam_nightfire said:
    The moment i touch my memory clocks, artifacts will appear on Heaven/Valley. On stock, it runs fine. So does it mean that i cannot overclock my card? Or should i add voltage(which I'm scared to change)


    Do you NEED to extra fps.
  7. Yes, bcoz some overclock on memory clocks helps my fps. For example, the witcher gets 50-55 fps on stock. On my overclock, it keeps stable 60
  8. sam_nightfire said:
    Yes, bcoz some overclock on memory clocks helps my fps. For example, the witcher gets 50-55 fps on stock. On my overclock, it keeps stable 60


    Well just try increase the voltages but the moment you artifact go back to a non atrifaction oc.
  9. I tried increasing the voltage, but it doesn't help. Not much luck in silicon lottery?
Ask a new question

Read More

Overclocking Gaming MSI-Microstar Benchmark Games Gtx