Solved

Looking for a laptop that will play old games smoothly

Hi. I am looking for a laptop that will run old games like age of empires 2 and quake 3: arena smoothly. Will a laptop with a pentium n3700 processor and intel hd graphics 405 be enough to run these games without any problems? How bad is intel hd graphics 405, are the graphics too poor to run those games? What would be a good graphics card for those games? Please let me know, your help is much appreciated.
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about laptop play games smoothly
  1. i have a laptop similar that has an i3 4000M with intel 4600 graphics and 8GB of ram. i was able to run borderlands 2 smoothly on it so i wouldn't think you would have any issues at all playing old games like that
  2. Gamepro said:
    Hi. I am looking for a laptop that will run old games like age of empires 2 and quake 3: arena smoothly. Will a laptop with a pentium n3700 processor and intel hd graphics 405 be enough to run these games without any problems? How bad is intel hd graphics 405, are the graphics too poor to run those games? What would be a good graphics card for those games? Please let me know, your help is much appreciated.


    Those games will be fine. Do keep yourself to games that launched before 2007 or non intensive newer titles.
  3. Thank you. I currently have a laptop with an amd a8-6410 apu and radeon r5 m230 graphics. How do the graphics of the pentium compare to that? Do they look horrible?
  4. are 'N' cpus too slow?
  5. Gamepro said:
    Thank you. I currently have a laptop with an amd a8-6410 apu and radeon r5 m230 graphics. How do the graphics of the pentium compare to that? Do they look horrible?


    You'll actually be worse of getting that laptop then. The g405 is slower than the m230.
  6. jaslion said:
    Gamepro said:
    Thank you. I currently have a laptop with an amd a8-6410 apu and radeon r5 m230 graphics. How do the graphics of the pentium compare to that? Do they look horrible?


    You'll actually be worse of getting that laptop then. The g405 is slower than the m230.


    You didn't answer my question correctly. Does the intel hd graphics 405 have bad quality graphics?
  7. Best answer
    Gamepro said:
    jaslion said:
    Gamepro said:
    Thank you. I currently have a laptop with an amd a8-6410 apu and radeon r5 m230 graphics. How do the graphics of the pentium compare to that? Do they look horrible?


    You'll actually be worse of getting that laptop then. The g405 is slower than the m230.


    You didn't answer my question correctly. Does the intel hd graphics 405 have bad quality graphics?



    It's weaker than the r5 m230. So it's going to be worse.
    That then relates to needing to lower settings or having less fps.
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Video Games Games Graphics