My CPU is going up to 100C in under 5 minuits

my CPU is going to 100c in slow jumps, when is start my PC my CPU is at 34 or 35 then it slowly goes up to 40, 42 then jumps to 60 or 70 something. after a minute or two my CPU gets to 100 degrees! i have put new thermal paste on and put my cooler back onto the CPU with the cross method. all my fans are working. (CLEANED ALL DUST FROM THE RAD)

my parts:
https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/ZdRtXH
Reply to Mortalotek
23 answers Last reply
More about cpu 100c minuits
  1. Did you have the problem before you put on the thermal paste or after?
    The thermal paste has probably not spread evenly, try reapplying the paste, making sure to clean the old one first.
    Reply to furkan68k18
  2. furkan68k18 said:
    Did you have the problem before you put on the thermal paste or after?
    The thermal paste has probably not spread evenly, try reapplying the paste, making sure to clean the old one first.


    i had the problem before but the problem only started a year after a put the pc together. the pc also went to a shop for a check up. they offered since it was on my warranty so i decided to give it to them and the problem happened 1 or 2 weeks after the gave it back. anyways i wiped the stock thermal paste that came with the cooler and then i used the line method for the thermal paste. i wiped the cpu and the cpu block until thermal compound wouldn't show on a cotton swab
    Reply to Mortalotek
  3. Ok now that you have cleaned off the stock paste, use the pea method to apply some new paste, and see where that gets you.
    Reply to furkan68k18
  4. furkan68k18 said:
    Ok now that you have cleaned off the stock paste, use the pea method to apply some new paste, and see where that gets you.


    no i meant thats how i cleaned it i applied the past on the cpu with the line method, should i now re apply it again?
    Reply to Mortalotek
  5. Yes, but using the pea method, another thing to note is when you're putting on the cpu cooler make sure you put even pressure on all sides to make sure the paste spreads evenly, also make sure that the cpu fan is screwed in down as far as possible and that it has solid contact with the cpu.

    Good Luck
    Reply to furkan68k18
  6. furkan68k18 said:
    Yes, but using the pea method, another thing to note is when you're putting on the cpu cooler make sure you put even pressure on all sides to make sure the paste spreads evenly, also make sure that the cpu fan is screwed in down as far as possible and that it has solid contact with the cpu.

    Good Luck


    okay ill try right now, should i screw two screws on each diagonal side at once or one corner at a time?
    Reply to Mortalotek
  7. Well if you'e got someone to help you do that or if you can do it yourself, great, it would help spread it even more evenly.
    Reply to furkan68k18
  8. furkan68k18 said:
    Well if you'e got someone to help you do that or if you can do it yourself, great, it would help spread it even more evenly.


    im now idling at 50 but my cpu fans are at 50% - 75%
    Reply to Mortalotek
  9. furkan68k18 said:
    Well if you'e got someone to help you do that or if you can do it yourself, great, it would help spread it even more evenly.


    maybe i should've spread it myself
    Reply to Mortalotek
  10. furkan68k18 said:
    Well if you'e got someone to help you do that or if you can do it yourself, great, it would help spread it even more evenly.


    at all fans at 100% its going up slowly im at 70
    Reply to Mortalotek
  11. furkan68k18 said:
    Well if you'e got someone to help you do that or if you can do it yourself, great, it would help spread it even more evenly.


    i turned my computer off cause it went pack up to 100c
    Reply to Mortalotek
  12. If you still have warranty, get the shop to do it.
    Reply to furkan68k18
  13. look into your case does the FAN of the CPU run ? (never mind the ones on the case, look inside the computer
    Reply to The Paladin
  14. The Paladin said:
    look into your case does the FAN of the CPU run ? (never mind the ones on the case, look inside the computer


    they all run except one fan doesn't show the rpm but it still does run
    Reply to Mortalotek
  15. did you physically open the case and look inside your case ?
    run HWinfo in sensor mode and tell use what your fan speeds are ?
    Reply to The Paladin
  16. The Paladin said:
    did you physically open the case and look inside your case ?
    run HWinfo in sensor mode and tell use what your fan speeds are ?


    i dont know what that app is and i did look inside when i start it up everything runs like its supposed to, i have 3 in and three out take fans
    Reply to Mortalotek
  17. the CPU has a fan on the heat sink yes ? does that fan work ? (ignore all computer case fans but the one for CPU)

    ok do this, open case take a picture inside your computer and post it to imgur.com and post the link to image here.
    Reply to The Paladin
  18. The Paladin said:
    the CPU has a fan on the heat sink yes ? does that fan work ? (ignore all computer case fans but the one for CPU)


    im using a corsair h115i its a liquid cooler
    Reply to Mortalotek
  19. I think that the liquid cooler is the problem, its might be faulty
    Reply to furkan68k18
  20. furkan68k18 said:
    I think that the liquid cooler is the problem, its might be faulty


    it worked for a whole year, i do have a warranty on it so they have to give me an exchange if its faulty ill go to the shjop when it opens
    Reply to Mortalotek
  21. what are the speed of your pump ? when at 50 and 80?
    Reply to The Paladin
  22. okay so the only solution is replace the cooler is DEAD there is nothing you can do and its not like its gonna warn you before going to die this is the life of AIO happens to me 3 times....
    use the stock CPU cooler if you have that will cool better
    Reply to nitinvaid20
  23. AIO's join the 'it worked fine yesterday, but now is smoking dung'-crowd at least a few times daily here on the forum....let's just say a LOT more frequently (20X more likely?) than conventional fans/sinks have issues....
    Reply to mdd1963
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Cooling Thermal Compound CPUs