Solved

best and cheap Z370

which the cheapest Z370 motherboard that's include Enthusiast feature and able to overclock i5 8600k/i7 8700k to 5Ghz ?? is the msi z370 Gaming plus enough for that ? and does it have Enthusiast and better VRM ? because i am thinking to buy i5 8th gen or maybe ryzen 2xxx series
14 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about cheap z370
  1. Best answer
    asrock motherboards have the best VRM for overclocking out of cheaper Z370 models .
    pro4 is decent if you are on a very tight budget , but extreme 4 is ideal .

    some more info about Z370 motherboars VRM in case you are interested:
    http://www.overclock.net/t/1638955/z370-z390-vrm-discussion-thread
  2. the Extreme 4 its near 200$ in amazon that much pricy ... what about mzi z370 gaming plus ?
  3. well cheap MSI motherboards are not so great for overclocking .
    out of all cheap Z370 motherboards (under 150 dollars) asrock pro4 has the best VRM .
  4. but i see very low customer in amazon and newegg order the Asrock ...
  5. bigguy8919 said:
    which the cheapest Z370 motherboard that's include Enthusiast feature and able to overclock i5 8600k/i7 8700k to 5Ghz ?? is the msi z370 Gaming plus enough for that ? and does it have Enthusiast and better VRM ? because i am thinking to buy i5 8th gen or maybe ryzen 2xxx series


    All of them overclock and you might not get 5.0 on any of them.
    160 at Superslow.
    https://www.superbiiz.com/detail.php?name=MB-Z370EX4&c=CJ
  6. Msi would be the last boards I'd buy on the cheap for any platform when it comes to overclocking .

    They cut corners on quality on the lower budget boards while making them look nice aesthetically to the uninitiated.
  7. Zerk2012 said:
    bigguy8919 said:
    which the cheapest Z370 motherboard that's include Enthusiast feature and able to overclock i5 8600k/i7 8700k to 5Ghz ?? is the msi z370 Gaming plus enough for that ? and does it have Enthusiast and better VRM ? because i am thinking to buy i5 8th gen or maybe ryzen 2xxx series


    All of them overclock and you might not get 5.0 on any of them.
    160 at Superslow.
    https://www.superbiiz.com/detail.php?name=MB-Z370EX4&c=CJ



    i got PO Box in USA so its fine i can order from any site i want right ?? maybe find me great cheap site that also have cheaper ram price cause in amazon and newegg the 16 gb rams reach 200$ that's lot of expensive
  8. Zerk2012 said:
    bigguy8919 said:
    which the cheapest Z370 motherboard that's include Enthusiast feature and able to overclock i5 8600k/i7 8700k to 5Ghz ?? is the msi z370 Gaming plus enough for that ? and does it have Enthusiast and better VRM ? because i am thinking to buy i5 8th gen or maybe ryzen 2xxx series


    All of them overclock and you might not get 5.0 on any of them.
    160 at Superslow.
    https://www.superbiiz.com/detail.php?name=MB-Z370EX4&c=CJ



    i got PO Box in USA so its fine i can order from any site i want right ?? maybe find me great cheap site that also have cheaper ram price cause in amazon and newegg the 16 gb rams reach 200$ that's lot of expensive
  9. dark_globe said:
    well cheap MSI motherboards are not so great for overclocking .
    out of all cheap Z370 motherboards (under 150 dollars) asrock pro4 has the best VRM .


    True that.. never had good experiences with MSI when it comes to overclock.
  10. ive got a pro4 and an 8700k at 5ghz at 1.26 volts (offset mode -100, the max negative offset i could enter). if you are gaming the pro4 is all you need. of course i probably got a very good chip but i tried it at stock voltage which was a bit higher and the chip still ran cool. i would get this board and an 8600k or 8700k and just clock it as high as the stock voltage will allow and be happy. keep in mind that i am using a dh 15 which is an air cooler so i am getting some decent airflow on the vrm's so i cant talk on liquid cooling\no airflow aroudnt he vrm's. im getting 55-60 in every game at -100 offeset. memmory speeds are unbeaten as far as cheap boards. der8auer tested the cheapest z370 boards fromthe top 4 makers and the pro4 would run 4200 mghz ram speed while the rest did 3600-3866 (not that it matters now but in a couple years when budget 16 gig kits cost around 60 bux again then a 4200 kit might be less than we are paying for 2400 now). for heavy gaming and light duty render work i thinks its all you need
  11. how about i5 8400 ?? is good enough ?? cause i only need to gaming and enjoy my games without any issue
  12. bigguy8919 said:
    how about i5 8400 ?? is good enough ?? cause i only need to gaming and enjoy my games without any issue



    sure the i5 8400 is great for gaming. only a couple months ago the i7 7700k was the king of gaming. now the much cheaper i5 8400 beats it a lot of the time. a downside is that only more expensive z370 motherboards are out now but the cheaper b and h boards are coming next month i think. the z370 pro 4 is only around 110 dollars here in the us which isnt too much more than a b series and it allows overclocking of the memory and any chip you buy in the future that supports overclocking. the z370 boards will allow you to run faster than 2666mghz memmory on your i5 and will upgrade to an overclocking chip anyway so its worth athe extra 40 dollars or so i think. of course in this price range either cpou from intel or amd are greaet you cant really go wrong.
  13. but this asrock z370 pro 4 have a good VRM to OC i5 8600k with no issue ?? and what about these the H and B series motherboard i think those not overclock able if i want get i5 8400
  14. ye only the z370 atm allows you to overclock your K intel chip. But they are supposed to be selling z490 during the summer which is more advanced than the z370 , but will inevitably be more expensive.
Ask a new question

Read More

Overclocking Intel i5 Motherboards