More than average CPU utilization

I've been using the following specs for three months now
CPU- i7 7700k
Asus z270f mobo
Corsair Vengeance DDR4 8x2
EVGA GTX1080 8GB
Corsair h100i v2 cooler

I mainly use my system for gaming. A few days ago i installed World War 2. Today while playing the gaming started freezing in between for 2 or 3 seconds, and then would resume normally. At first i thought it might be something wrong with the game, but afterwards while using chrome, the whole system would freeze for about 10 seconds and resume afterwards. CPU utlization showed 100%. Now random applications stared using more CPU power. For instance while playing a standard video in VLC, CPU % is at 50, while running antivirus, % is at 60, and so on. Even Bittorrent uses around 40%
Really need help
Reply to callstrike
11 answers Last reply
More about average cpu utilization
  1. Does the CPU get too hot? That would happen if the pump failed (a common issue).
    Reply to GhislainG
  2. GhislainG said:
    Does the CPU get too hot? That would happen if the pump failed (a common issue).


    No, it doesn't get hot and pump works fine.
    Reply to nhk5
  3. What temperature is the cpu running at?
    Reply to sizzling
  4. sizzling said:
    What temperature is the cpu running at?


    38
    Reply to nhk5
  5. 38 while playing a game is outstanding. Are you monitoring the CPU frequency, throttling and core emperatures with XTU or a similar application to analyse the increased CPU utilization? An application usually doesn't use more CPU cycles all of a sudden, but the CPU utilization will increase if it runs at a lower frequency. So far you determined that applications make the CPU more busy, but you haven't yet monitored the system to analyse the root cause of the issue. If you use a HDD, also check how busy it is when you observe system freezes.
    Reply to GhislainG
  6. GhislainG said:
    38 while playing a game is outstanding. Are you monitoring the CPU frequency, throttling and core emperatures with XTU or a similar application to analyse the increased CPU utilization? An application usually doesn't use more CPU cycles all of a sudden, but the CPU utilization will increase if it runs at a lower frequency. So far you determined that applications make the CPU more busy, but you haven't yet monitored the system to analyse the root cause of the issue. If you use a HDD, also check how busy it is when you observe system freezes.


    While gaming temp reaches 69 and utilization goes to 85%, and at certain points it starts to lag. I didnt have this problem earlier on. Utilization goes to 100 when i open chrome or bittorrent and the system freezes for about 8 to 10 seconds. I use XTU
    Reply to nhk5
  7. You enabled all hardware monitors and the graphs that can help for 15 minutes? You also monitor disk and CPU activity in resources monitor?
    Reply to GhislainG
  8. GhislainG said:
    You enabled all hardware monitors and the graphs that can help for 15 minutes? You also monitor disk and CPU activity in resources monitor?


    Well, put it like this; I installed a game today, at 12% utilization, the temp went up till 63 while disk was at 8%. Should i be worried about this temp?
    Reply to nhk5
  9. That is very safe, anything under 80c is good.
    Reply to sizzling
  10. sizzling said:
    That is very safe, anything under 80c is good.


    Played Shadow of War for an hour, and it showed a max temp of 62, utilization at 60 and a constant frequency of 4.51GHz.
    So everythings fine then?
    Reply to nhk5
  11. Yes.
    Reply to GhislainG
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

CPUs Corsair