Solved

Did I win the silicon lottery? (Ryzen 5 1500x)

I recently overclocked my Ryzen 5 1500x to 3.9 ghz at 1.28 v (stock cooler). My temperatures are as follows:
Idle: between 35 and 40 degrees celsius
Gaming on max settings with uncapped framerates: Between 40 and 48 degrees celsius

Did I win the silicon lottery or is this normal?
Reply to lewis02
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about win silicon lottery ryzen 1500x
  1. Well just gaming is one thing. Running stress tests is another. Have you run any stress tests?
    Reply to volkgren
  2. volkgren said:
    Well just gaming is one thing. Running stress tests is another. Have you run any stress tests?

    Not yet. I don't really do anything more intensive than gaming on this pc, so I just worry about gaming temps.
    Reply to lewis02
  3. At that voltage temps won't be an issue, but stability might be. You may experience crashes if after certain amounts of time under load. Stress testing would help you find this out sooner rather than later.
    Reply to volkgren
  4. Best answer
    lewis02 said:
    I recently overclocked my Ryzen 5 1500x to 3.9 ghz at 1.28 v (stock cooler). My temperatures are as follows:
    Idle: between 35 and 40 degrees celsius
    Gaming on max settings with uncapped framerates: Between 40 and 48 degrees celsius

    Did I win the silicon lottery or is this normal?




    Thats normal, that voltage really isn't that high and the temp won't get way up there unless you play a CPU intensive game.

    You want to test it run something like Prime95, that will tell you if its stable and what the load temps really are.
    Reply to Rogue Leader
  5. volkgren said:
    At that voltage temps won't be an issue, but stability might be. You may experience crashes if after certain amounts of time under load. Stress testing would help you find this out sooner rather than later.

    I'm still quite new to overclocking, so are there certain voltages that are considered stable? Or does it depend on your pc?
    Reply to lewis02
  6. It depends on the individual chip.
    Reply to volkgren
  7. lewis02 said:
    volkgren said:
    At that voltage temps won't be an issue, but stability might be. You may experience crashes if after certain amounts of time under load. Stress testing would help you find this out sooner rather than later.

    I'm still quite new to overclocking, so are there certain voltages that are considered stable? Or does it depend on your pc?


    There are voltages that are too high (can damage the CPU), but the correct voltage is the one that can maintain the clock rate you set and is stable. For Ryzen you want to stay below 1.45v
    Reply to Rogue Leader
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Overclocking Gaming Cooling Celsius