Solved

240 Watt Gpu

Hi i’ve just purchased a cheap second user Compaq 6000 with E5700 and 4gb for my work (it cost £40 so it’s fab for the cash). It comes with a 240w psu and a 12 month guarantee. I want a graphic card for two reasons. First it has only 1.1 gl in Windows 10 on GMA4500 and two I play some indie titles when not working. I’m guessing a 750ti would be to high on the 12v and a 1030 would be ok but it’s dear if looking at rig price. I got an old Nvidia 315 in the draw would it be better than the Gma4500.
Reply to Joe the meek
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 240 watt gpu
  1. Best answer
    Yes the 315 would be 'better' than the GMA4500, but only because that GMA4500 is worse, not because the 315 is good. However, considering the nature of the machine you're putting it into, that 315 should turn out to be pretty nice! It uses very little power so the 240W shouldn't be an issue.
    Reply to dontlistentome
  2. dontlistentome said:
    Yes the 315 would be 'better' than the GMA4500, but only because that GMA4500 is worse, not because the 315 is good. However, considering the nature of the machine you're putting it into, that 315 should turn out to be pretty nice! It uses very little power so the 240W shouldn't be an issue.
    Reply to Joe the meek
  3. Thanks I was torn to be honest. Lot of games I play run on GMA. As long as the GL goes to 2.1 again and it don’t blow up I’ll be ok. Anyway I don’t want too good a gaming rig I’d never do anything lol.
    Reply to Joe the meek
  4. Thanks just to let u know it works
    Perfectly.
    Reply to Joe the meek
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

GPUs