Weird Glitchy pixels appear all over screen

I'm not sure of what caused it but now when I'm in a program (such as google or a game) and try to type, move my mouse scroll etc. (or a just have it open in general) weird, glitchy, pixelated masses appear all over my screen. It's extremely annoying and I just want to fix it ASAP. When I'm on the desktop or a select few programs it doesn't do it but in the majority of programs it just turns into a glitchy swarm of pixels.
The computer itself runs fine and I run games and programs at the same high speeds I did before it showed up but the pixels are still there and very apparent.

Here are some examples (doesn't actually do it justice, it's a lot worse but):

https://gyazo.com/9c960bd6c2212e0244288a8e1377a8b7

https://gyazo.com/fc1811bf9b156773556dd9c98a5d3df6

https://gyazo.com/fba408eb8b0c80e14af8614fe853ae4b


Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!

[Desktop Specs]

Radeon Software Version - 17.11.4
Radeon Software Edition - Crimson ReLive
Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon (TM) R9 Fury Series
Memory Size - 4096 MB
Memory Type - High Bandwidth Memory (HBM)
Core Clock - 1000 MHz
Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit)
System Memory - 16 GB
CPU Type - AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor
Reply to MassMayhem
5 answers Last reply
More about weird glitchy pixels screen
  1. If anything is overclocked, set it all to stock speeds. Check temps of the video card and CPU using HWMonitor or something similar, make sure all fans and vents are working and clean. Try uninstalling the drivers, running DDU program to wipe them and re-install. If none of that helps, test the card in another system to see if it does the same thing there.
    Reply to hang-the-9
  2. hang-the-9 said:
    If anything is overclocked, set it all to stock speeds. Check temps of the video card and CPU using HWMonitor or something similar, make sure all fans and vents are working and clean. Try uninstalling the drivers, running DDU program to wipe them and re-install. If none of that helps, test the card in another system to see if it does the same thing there.


    So I used the DDU program and while everything was wiped the problem stopped but as soon as I installed the latest drivers the problem started happening again, any idea?
    Reply to MassMayhem
  3. MassMayhem said:
    hang-the-9 said:
    If anything is overclocked, set it all to stock speeds. Check temps of the video card and CPU using HWMonitor or something similar, make sure all fans and vents are working and clean. Try uninstalling the drivers, running DDU program to wipe them and re-install. If none of that helps, test the card in another system to see if it does the same thing there.


    So I used the DDU program and while everything was wiped the problem stopped but as soon as I installed the latest drivers the problem started happening again, any idea?


    That points to a failing video card or too much heat.
    Reply to hang-the-9
  4. https://gyazo.com/710fc653d2fe90486204c76b9a37248e

    So this is what comes up when I use the HWMonitor, is this good or bad? and how would I go about fixing it? That is its current status with literally just chrome and the HWmonitor open.
    Reply to MassMayhem
  5. MassMayhem said:
    https://gyazo.com/710fc653d2fe90486204c76b9a37248e

    So this is what comes up when I use the HWMonitor, is this good or bad? and how would I go about fixing it? That is its current status with literally just chrome and the HWmonitor open.


    That site is blocked for me, what is the CPU and GPU max temps that is comes up with? You can lookup normal temps for your CPU and video card online.
    Reply to hang-the-9
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

GPUs Virus Desktops Games