Solved

is the dell New XPS Tower Special Edition a soldid prebuilt system?

http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-desktop-computers/n...
price 1549
i7 8700
16gb ram
256gb ssd+1TB
1070
I need to replace a pc in the very near future, and building my own isnt a option.
Reply to eathdemon
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about dell xps tower special edition soldid prebuilt system
  1. Solid, yes. Just not very upgradable/modable due to their proprietary design. Dell has always used good components, just not the high end stuff. If you want to have a computer built like you did it yourself with retail components and clean cable managing, check out one of the computer boutiques... like Velocity Micro for example. You design it, they build it.
    Reply to clutchc
  2. I am fine with that though. I work from home, so my pcs end up being replaced every 2 1/2 years just from waer and taer on components anyways. thanks for the advice.
    Reply to eathdemon
  3. Only problem with that dell is the case is terrible.
    Your parts will get hot and slow down to cool off, causing performance drops.
    Reply to James Mason
  4. any other recommendations than?
    Reply to eathdemon
  5. James Mason said:
    Only problem with that dell is the case is terrible.
    Your parts will get hot and slow down to cool off, causing performance drops.

    http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-desktop-computers/new-alienware-aurora/spd/alienware-aurora-r7-desktop/dpcwxtc03h?selectionState=eyJGUHJpY2UiOjE1NzkuOTksIk9DIjoiZHBjd3h0YzAzaCIsIlF0eSI6MSwiTW9kcyI6W3siSWQiOjgsIk9wdHMiOlt7IklkIjoiMjU2RzFUQiIsIlByaWNlIjoyNjAuMH1dfV19 is the same spec, difrent case. do you know if this case has better air flow than the other one since you said that was a issue.
    Reply to eathdemon
  6. eathdemon said:
    James Mason said:
    Only problem with that dell is the case is terrible.
    Your parts will get hot and slow down to cool off, causing performance drops.

    http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-desktop-computers/new-alienware-aurora/spd/alienware-aurora-r7-desktop/dpcwxtc03h?selectionState=eyJGUHJpY2UiOjE1NzkuOTksIk9DIjoiZHBjd3h0YzAzaCIsIlF0eSI6MSwiTW9kcyI6W3siSWQiOjgsIk9wdHMiOlt7IklkIjoiMjU2RzFUQiIsIlByaWNlIjoyNjAuMH1dfV19 is the same spec, difrent case. do you know if this case has better air flow than the other one since you said that was a issue.



    Well, they put more thought into the airflow at least. I wouldn't call it great, but it's not particularly terrible at least.
    Reply to James Mason
  7. Best answer
    If you use it for your work then Dells are made for that kind of service. Due to the millions of business computers they've sold they have weeded out all the unreliable parts that might creep in somewhere else.
    Reply to william p
  8. william p said:
    If you use it for your work then Dells are made for that kind of service. Due to the millions of business computers they've sold they have weeded out all the unreliable parts that might creep in somewhere else.


    I assume that applies to both computers I linked, or only to the XPS Tower?
    Reply to eathdemon
  9. Dells in general. The first link was dead. Maybe they sold out.
    Reply to william p
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

XPS RAM Intel i7 Dell Prebuilt Systems