Solved

Need help with graphic card upgrade

my current system spec ;
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
PSU : 450w green
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 2GB
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Motherboard: GA-H81M-S2PT
PCIE one slot : x16 2.0 one x1
my monitor :
Monitor Model: S22F350
Monitor Id: SAM0D1A
Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)

so i am about to make a graphic card upgrade and i want to buy an "MSI Radeon RX 560 AERO ITX 4G OC" can i install this card on my motherboard without any problem ? plz help me

sorry for my bad english.

Here is the shot I took with my phone it's the details about PSU ;

https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo?album_id=5160044962&photo_id=500327690561
Reply to hmdrza60
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about graphic card upgrade
  1. Best answer
    The motherboard etc is compatible.

    I'd be a little more concerned on the PSU though - can you provide some more info? Model number etc.

    The RX560 is an 80W TDP card, the GT730 is a <40W TDP card.

    While +40W shouldn't be *much* of an issue, generally - without knowing your PSU specifically, it's impossible to say for sure.
    Reply to Barty1884
  2. Barty1884 said:
    The motherboard etc is compatible.

    I'd be a little more concerned on the PSU though - can you provide some more info? Model number etc.

    The RX560 is an 80W TDP card, the GT730 is a <40W TDP card.

    While +40W shouldn't be *much* of an issue, generally - without knowing your PSU specifically, it's impossible to say for sure.


    Thanks for your kind information , I added a picture to my thread if you don't mind please check it it's the details about my PSU and again thank you.
    Reply to hmdrza60
  3. I cannot access the album.

    You could try Imgur.
    Reply to Barty1884
  4. @Barty1884 here it is : https://imgur.com/gallery/qcldw
    Reply to hmdrza60
  5. At best, that's a 360W PSU...... in practice, I doubt it.

    Personally, I wouldn't use it with an upgrade.
    Reply to Barty1884
  6. hmdrza60 said:
    @Barty1884 here it is : https://imgur.com/gallery/qcldw


    PCPartPicker part list: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/TJWsyf
    Price breakdown by merchant: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/TJWsyf/by_merchant/

    Video Card: PNY - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Video Card (£120.41 @ Amazon UK)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic - ECO 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (£45.48 @ Ebuyer)
    Total: £165.89
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-12-08 01:08 GMT+0000
    Reply to maxalge
  7. Barty1884 said:
    At best, that's a 360W PSU...... in practice, I doubt it.

    Personally, I wouldn't use it with an upgrade.


    So ishould get an extra power supply , what do u suggest ? how much watt?
    Reply to hmdrza60
  8. Not an extra, a replacement.

    As for suggestions, it's not all about the wattage - it's the quality.

    Where are you located specifically? And what is your budget?
    Reply to Barty1884
  9. Barty1884 said:
    Not an extra, a replacement.

    As for suggestions, it's not all about the wattage - it's the quality.

    Where are you located specifically? And what is your budget?


    i can afford a Cooler Master G650M Computer Power Supply, do you think is that enough? it's about
    $86.48 on eBay
    Reply to hmdrza60
  10. hmdrza60 said:
    Barty1884 said:
    Not an extra, a replacement.

    As for suggestions, it's not all about the wattage - it's the quality.

    Where are you located specifically? And what is your budget?


    i can afford a Cooler Master G650M Computer Power Supply, do you think is that enough? it's about
    $86.48 in eBay


    poor quality and overpriced


    much better
    https://www.superbiiz.com/detail.php?name=PSS12II430&similar=80
    Reply to maxalge
  11. 650 isn't necessarily - and the G650 is "ok" quality.

    For $80+ on eBay, I wouldn't suggest that unit.

    For example (using eBay only), a SeaSonic S12II 620 is $59
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/SeaSonic-S12II-620-Bronze-620W-ATX12V-V2-3-EPS-12V-V2-91-80-PLUS-BRONZE-NEW/122681543827?hash=item1c9063cc93:g:8cMAAOSwWD1ZqbKH

    While even that is overkill, it's a great PSU.


    There are other, more "fit for purpose" options at lower prices in the US..... but you haven't confirmed where you are specifically....
    Reply to Barty1884
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Core Processors Intel i5 CPUs Green GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Graphics Cards