5.1 Audio Issues with Logitech Z906 and Buttkicker on PC

I just got these speakers and am having issues getting them to work

I set them up using the 3x3.5mm audio cable included with the system, but I have never been able to get all the speakers to work together. The sub and center channel seems to work ok, but I haven't be able to make the surround work with the 3.5 cables. I am plugging them into the orange, black and green, just like the cables are labeled, so I think that is correct? I did double check with my mobo manual so I think it's correct.

I can get the 5.1 surround to work with Toslink Optical Audio and it sounds great, but the issue is I have a Butt Kicker set up as well, and I don't think it can work with optical audio (can it?).

Lastly, I have been trying to find the Realtek Audio Manager tool, but it don't seem to be installed on my PC and I don't know why.

Any help would be appreciated!
See signature for Mother Board specs.
Reply to jamesanyoung
6 answers Last reply
More about audio issues logitech z906 buttkicker
  1. I have the same speakers and i am using the sounncard for these speakers as the onboard sound card is not enofgh for them
    the
    Green is for the front channel
    Black for the back
    Orange is for the center and SUB

    do the speaker test in your audio panel like left right and rear left and soo on are they sound properly?
    Reply to nitinvaid20
  2. nitinvaid20 said:
    I have the same speakers and i am using the sounncard for these speakers as the onboard sound card is not enofgh for them
    the
    Green is for the front channel
    Black for the back
    Orange is for the center and SUB

    do the speaker test in your audio panel like left right and rear left and soo on are they sound properly?


    Thanks for the answer - I haven't been able to get my PC to put out the 5.1 sound, and I don't seem to be able to change it. Normally, I would go into the Realtek audio manager and setup 5.1 in there, but that program seems to be missing from my PC, and I don't know how to get it back.

    Setting up 5.1 with the 3.5mm cables is the first priority,
    Reply to jamesanyoung
  3. you can download the program from the manufacturer website then search your motherboard model No there
    Reply to nitinvaid20
  4. nitinvaid20 said:
    you can download the program from the manufacturer website then search your motherboard model No there


    Can you expand on this? I have downloaded the driver and the codec, from both Asus and Realtek, but still can't locate the Realtek HD Audio Manager Tool.

    Do you know where I could find it?
    Reply to jamesanyoung
  5. I solved it (for me at least).
    After you make sure you have all the latest drivers go to:

    1) Control Panel

    2) View by Large Icons

    3)HD audio Manager will appear here

    I dont know why it doesnt show up in programs or by searching, but this worked for me, best of luck.
    Reply to jamesanyoung
  6. jamesanyoung said:
    I solved it (for me at least).
    After you make sure you have all the latest drivers go to:

    1) Control Panel

    2) View by Large Icons

    3)HD audio Manager will appear here

    I dont know why it doesnt show up in programs or by searching, but this worked for me, best of luck.




    yes you will find that on the control panel it wont appear in programs or system tray anymore
    Reply to nitinvaid20
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

5.1 Speakers Cable Realtek Z906 3.5 Optical audio Surround sound Buttkicker Audio