Hd 7770 2gb no signal

Hello, I was wondering. My outputs on my gpu seems dead, but shown in computer when I use another gpu as output or outputs on motherboard.

Do you guys think I will still be able to use it on a CF setup if I use it as 2nd gpu?

I mean to use it as 2nd gpu only for the power as it still seems to work, even if the outputs on the card is dead?

* this is my 2nd pc and only a budget fun build, so I won't buy like a new card I just wanted to know if someone have tried SLI/CF a video dead gpu before and got it to work?

Ty for help regards.
Reply to teddyfastbear
2 answers Last reply
More about 7770 2gb signal
  1. How do you know the crossfire connector works?

Assuming it works, I think your idea would work. There are a couple of questions though. Number one, can you get a second 7770 cheap? Can you power both of them? Does your motherboard support crossfire? Would two working 7770 in crossfire run your games well enough to bother with crossfire instead of just running the 7770 you buy? If it's a 'fun' build then why not do it for the fun of it?
    Reply to dontlistentome
  2. dontlistentome said:
    How do you know the crossfire connector works?

Assuming it works, I think your idea would work. There are a couple of questions though. Number one, can you get a second 7770 cheap? Can you power both of them? Does your motherboard support crossfire? Would two working 7770 in crossfire run your games well enough to bother with crossfire instead of just running the 7770 you buy? If it's a 'fun' build then why not do it for the fun of it?

This was a long reply with many question offtopic from my question, if someone had ever tried to use and *video dead* gpu as 2nd card in a SLI/Crossfire setup, due to it does need to show video to work.

I do not understand what you meen with *If I know the CF connectors work* as I do not have 2 GPU:s atm, I am planing to buy 1 more due to they are cheap.

Yes hd 7770 are cheap these days. Yes the power is not a problem, I got plenty of juice! Yes with my years of hobby IT builder, I have never found any motherboard that does not support CF ( if it has atleast 2 PCI-E slots *no matter x1 x4 x8 x16* as AMD does not requried any premium payed ). As this would only be a fun build, and for science.. or play any games at 1080p as that can be done on a potatoe. If I do not realy get any information if it has been tried--> worked before I will doing it anyways. or just buy a 2nd working one and CF 2 working cards.
    Reply to teddyfastbear
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

GPUs Computers Motherboards