Just bought new Graphics card 1080 and still cant get 60hz

I bought a 50" 4k smart TV on black friday, and then did tons of research you know, bought a hdmi 2.0 cable and a new graphics card Geforce 1080 FTW2 all in order to get that 60hz even did a clean install with the CD that came with the new card and of course still no 60hz. Any ideas? Any questions?
Reply to silvermeow0
11 answers Last reply
More about bought graphics card 1080 60hz
  1. If you bought a bargain TV, your HDMI ports on the TV may not support 60Hz at 4k. The HDMI ports on the video card should support that.
    Reply to hang-the-9
  2. hang-the-9 said:
    If you bought a bargain TV, your HDMI ports on the TV may not support 60Hz at 4k. The HDMI ports on the video card should support that.


    No It’s a native 60hz
    Reply to silvermeow0
  3. The card can handle it no problem, has to be the TV.

    I would look at the manual and see what refresh rates are supported at what resolutions etc.
    Reply to jankerson
  4. silvermeow0 said:
    hang-the-9 said:
    If you bought a bargain TV, your HDMI ports on the TV may not support 60Hz at 4k. The HDMI ports on the video card should support that.


    No It’s a native 60hz


    The TV can run at 60hz, I was talking about the HDMI input.
    Reply to hang-the-9
  5. A little more info would be nice. When you say you can't get 60Hz, do you mean it doesn't run 60Hz at all for anything, or are you talking about in games? If in games, then which games and settings and the rest of your hardware specs would be good too.
    Reply to pete_101
  6. jankerson said:
    The card can handle it no problem, has to be the TV.

    I would look at the manual and see what refresh rates are supported at what resolutions etc.

    What do you mean at certain resolutions would I be changing the resolutions on my computer or my tv?
    Reply to silvermeow0
  7. silvermeow0 said:
    jankerson said:
    The card can handle it no problem, has to be the TV.

    I would look at the manual and see what refresh rates are supported at what resolutions etc.

    What do you mean at certain resolutions would I be changing the resolutions on my computer or my tv?


    It's the HDMI port on the TV that is in question here.

    It might not support 60 Hz at 4K.

    The GTX 1080 will with no problem.

    It is one of those Black Friday TV's as you said.....

    What is it exactly?
    Reply to jankerson
  8. Additionally, some TV's have dedicated "gaming" HDMI ports that support higher refresh rates than others. I have a Vizio 4k TV, and all of my HDMI ports say 4k @ 30hz except for one, which is highlighted in yellow as being 4k@60hz. Whether these ports support 60hz@1080p, I have no idea and don't really care as I don't use them for gaming.
    Reply to adotburr
  9. jankerson said:
    silvermeow0 said:
    jankerson said:
    The card can handle it no problem, has to be the TV.

    I would look at the manual and see what refresh rates are supported at what resolutions etc.

    What do you mean at certain resolutions would I be changing the resolutions on my computer or my tv?


    It's the HDMI port on the TV that is in question here.

    It might not support 60 Hz at 4K.

    The GTX 1080 will with no problem.

    It is one of those Black Friday TV's as you said.....

    What is it exactly?


    Yea no, I just looked at the hdmi ports and it actually says on all the ports in parathesis 4k @ 60hz, its a 50” sharp 4k smart roku tv
    Reply to silvermeow0
  10. pete_101 said:
    A little more info would be nice. When you say you can't get 60Hz, do you mean it doesn't run 60Hz at all for anything, or are you talking about in games? If in games, then which games and settings and the rest of your hardware specs would be good too.


    Ever feel like a dentist . . .

    Detailed specs are needed.

    Exact model of TV and PC components.

    Are you talking about games?

    Help us help you.
    Reply to Corwin65
  11. check the tv vendor web page make sure the tv has the newest bios file. also see if the vendor has any drivers for windows to let windows know it a high end tv also look in the bios see if there any setting that say pc on them. you may have to in nvidia drivers settings change the device it found sometime nvidia will lock out other setting intill you take thta small check box that says hide other settings.
    Reply to smorizio
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Graphics Cards Black Friday