PC won’t boot or post - in need of help

Hello, Ive recently accquired parts to build a gaming PC so i can replace my old prebuilt dinosaur. I ordered all the parts on amazon besides the ssd and hd since they came with my old pc. I wait about a few days and the parts come in, watch multiple videos, and I put everything together, but no boot. I figure the motherboard was faulty so i replaced it at my local store, it didn’t worl so i replaced the CPU, and that didn’t work either, that was two weeks ago and now I’ve replaced those parts ( AMD Ryzen 3 1300x & Gigabyte a320ma-m.2) with an intel i5-7400 and a MSI b250m PRO-VD. My old motherboards wouldn’t even beep when i took out my stick of RAM, but this one does so that’s good. I plug in everything and still no display... But I do see the EZ Debug LEDs and they’re on the DRAM and CPU, mainly the DRAM but then it flickers to the CPU for a quick second, then back. I’m in desperate need of help, too much work has been done than needed. Here are my specs

•INTEL i5-7400
•MSI B250m PRO-VD
•Pacific Sun Memory DDR4 2400MHz 8GB PC4-19200
•Seagate 1TB HDD
•Lenovo 120GB SSD
•MSI RX 470 X 4GB
•EVGA 500W 80+


please help me, thank you
Reply to warspear
11 answers Last reply
More about wont boot post
  1. Hi, Have you tested each RAM slot with single RAM? If yes, and still no go, I suggest testing different RAM model.
    Reply to alexoiu
  2. I acer tested each RAM slot since there is only 2, when i took out the ram the LED would stay solid on the DRAM light but the motherboard would beep and beep and beep. When I put it back in problem was solved
    Reply to warspear
  3. So, working?
    Reply to alexoiu
  4. alexoiu said:
    Hi, Have you tested each RAM slot with single RAM? If yes, and still no go, I suggest testing different RAM model.


    alexoiu said:
    So, working?


    Not working, the light is on the DRAM then flickers to the CPU then DRAM again. No beeps, but no display either.
    Reply to warspear
  5. Then try borrowing a RAM stick and testing... If possible.
    Reply to alexoiu
  6. warspear said:
    Hello, Ive recently accquired parts to build a gaming PC so i can replace my old prebuilt dinosaur. I ordered all the parts on amazon besides the ssd and hd since they came with my old pc. I wait about a few days and the parts come in, watch multiple videos, and I put everything together, but no boot. I figure the motherboard was faulty so i replaced it at my local store, it didn’t worl so i replaced the CPU, and that didn’t work either, that was two weeks ago and now I’ve replaced those parts ( AMD Ryzen 3 1300x & Gigabyte a320ma-m.2) with an intel i5-7400 and a MSI b250m PRO-VD. My old motherboards wouldn’t even beep when i took out my stick of RAM, but this one does so that’s good. I plug in everything and still no display... But I do see the EZ Debug LEDs and they’re on the DRAM and CPU, mainly the DRAM but then it flickers to the CPU for a quick second, then back. I’m in desperate need of help, too much work has been done than needed. Here are my specs

    •INTEL i5-7400
    •MSI B250m PRO-VD
    •Pacific Sun Memory DDR4 2400MHz 8GB PC4-19200
    •Seagate 1TB HDD
    •Lenovo 120GB SSD
    •MSI RX 470 X 4GB
    •EVGA 500W 80+


    please help me, thank you


    Hello,

    When you try boot your system does any sign of lights appear in the system or is it completely dead?

    If literally nothing is happening it can be related to the power. Double check the cables are installed correctly, including the power supply cable to the motherboard.
    Reply to Mohan_27
  7. alexoiu said:
    Then try borrowing a RAM stick and testing... If possible.


    yeah i’ll try, but for now i cannot
    Reply to warspear
  8. Quote:
    Hello,

    When you try boot your system does any sign of lights appear in the system or is it completely dead?

    If literally nothing is happening it can be related to the power. Double check the cables are installed correctly, including the power supply cable to the motherboard


    yes the lights do turn on, everything else spins and lights up. Do you think it could be the PSU?
    Reply to warspear
  9. warspear said:
    Quote:
    Hello,

    When you try boot your system does any sign of lights appear in the system or is it completely dead?

    If literally nothing is happening it can be related to the power. Double check the cables are installed correctly, including the power supply cable to the motherboard


    yes the lights do turn on, everything else spins and lights up. Do you think it could be the PSU?



    If it was the PSU then the system would not turn on at all.

    Do the fans and lights stay active ? Or do they stop?
    Reply to Mohan_27
  10. Mohan_27 said:
    warspear said:
    Quote:
    Hello,

    When you try boot your system does any sign of lights appear in the system or is it completely dead?

    If literally nothing is happening it can be related to the power. Double check the cables are installed correctly, including the power supply cable to the motherboard


    yes the lights do turn on, everything else spins and lights up. Do you think it could be the PSU?



    If it was the PSU then the system would not turn on at all.

    Do the fans and lights stay active ? Or do they stop?


    everything stays active
    Reply to warspear
  11. warspear said:
    Mohan_27 said:
    warspear said:
    Quote:
    Hello,

    When you try boot your system does any sign of lights appear in the system or is it completely dead?

    If literally nothing is happening it can be related to the power. Double check the cables are installed correctly, including the power supply cable to the motherboard


    yes the lights do turn on, everything else spins and lights up. Do you think it could be the PSU?



    If it was the PSU then the system would not turn on at all.

    Do the fans and lights stay active ? Or do they stop?


    everything stays active


    So it looks like the PSU is fine.

    Let’s take a look at the RAM, take one out, try out both sticks alone. If the system works you know it’s the excluded RAM that’s the fault. As a system cannot run without RAM, this is a good test.
    Reply to Mohan_27
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

No Boot NO Post Video Games PC build