Solved

Is the 1080 GPU compatible with my components ?

I will soon purchase a gtx 1080 (or 1070 ti) because my gtx 660 is now very old and used.

Will the new 1080 GPU be compatible with my components ?

Motherboard : MSI Z77A-G45 (MS-7752)
Intel Core i5 3570K
8 GO RAM
550 W
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 1080 gpu compatible components
  1. List your specs like so:
    CPU:
    Motherboard:
    Ram:
    SSD/HDD:
    GPU:
    PSU:
    Chassis:

Is the PSU as old as the platform? If the PSU is of good quality and reliable, then yes it should drop in no problems but please be warned an aging PSU will delivery less power and can potentially take out your entire investment if the unit isn't of reliable build quality.
  2. CPU:Intel Core i5 3570K
    Motherboard:MSI Z77A-G45 (MS-7752)
    Ram: 2x4 Go DDR3 800 MHz G.Skill
    SSD/HDD: HDD : ST1000DM003-1CH162 1TO SSD : M4-CT128M4SSD2
    GPU: GTX 660
    PSU: http://www.coolermaster.com/powersupply/gx-series/gx-550w/
    Chassis: Don't know
  3. Best answer
    It's compatible, but considering the age of the CPU... it may cause some FPS drops on newer games while playing with high/ultra settings. Not sure what your budget is, but I'd suggest additional upgrades. If you can find an i7-3770k for a decent price, I'd upgrade to that. Or possibly switch up to a 1150 MB w/ a i5-4690k CPU(at least this route you can still use the same memory).
  4. toshibitsu said:
    It's compatible, but considering the age of the CPU... it may cause some FPS drops on newer games while playing with high/ultra settings. Not sure what your budget is, but I'd suggest additional upgrades. If you can find an i7-3770k for a decent price, I'd upgrade to that. Or possibly switch up to a 1150 MB w/ a i5-4690k CPU(at least this route you can still use the same memory).

Should I just OC the CPU ? Will it be enough ?
  5. I take it you're getting the 1080 regardless. That being the case, yeah try that first & see how it works out(just make sure to keep an eye on the CPU temp)
Ask a new question

Read More

Gtx GPUs Compatibility Components