Samsung 960 EVO m.2 and i5 4670k

On the specifications for the Samsung 960 EVO m.2 driver installation guide it says I need a Haswell Refresh Processor, which the 4670k is not. Will I be alright?
Reply to liamgmcivor
4 answers Last reply
More about samsung 960 evo 4670k
  1. Why don't you perform a simple Google search on "Haswell Refresh Processor"? It's amazing the amount of detailed information you can find as a result of such a search.
    Reply to ArtPog
  2. ArtPog said:
    Why don't you perform a simple Google search on "Haswell Refresh Processor"? It's amazing the amount of detailed information you can find as a result of such a search.


    Well I did say in my post my CPU wasn't a refresh processor. I was more asking will I be alright either installing the driver with no refresh processor or just not using the driver.

    The SSD arrived and I do not need the driver.
    Reply to liamgmcivor
  3. liamgmcivor said:
    On the specifications for the Samsung 960 EVO m.2 driver installation guide it says I need a Haswell Refresh Processor, which the 4670k is not. Will I be alright?


    What is this NVMe drive replacing, and for what usage?
    Reply to USAFRet
  4. USAFRet said:
    liamgmcivor said:
    On the specifications for the Samsung 960 EVO m.2 driver installation guide it says I need a Haswell Refresh Processor, which the 4670k is not. Will I be alright?


    What is this NVMe drive replacing, and for what usage?


    It's fine, the drive arrived and is working fine. It was not replacing anything, and it is getting used for games and programs used often. For anyone else wondering, you do not need the drivers.
    Reply to liamgmcivor
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Samsung Intel i5 Evo