Solved

is Nhd-15 compatible with NZXTS340ELITE ?

Hey guys,I'm planning to build a PC with i7-8700k ,Noctua NHD-15, Asus Z370E and Asus gtx1080ti(oc) inside the Nzxt340 elite case,but i found mixed comments stating that NH-D15 is and is not compatible with the Nzxt-S340 elite(i like this case very very much).So is it compatible or not ? and if not could you guys suggest a case with similar characteristics ?
Reply to dewashan96
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about nhd compatible nzxts340elite
  1. It will fit, but barely.
    Case supports 161mm for CPU cooler, the nhd-15 is 160mm.
    Reply to AnonymousAndy
  2. AnonymousAndy said:
    It will fit, but barely.
    Case supports 161mm for CPU cooler, the nhd-15 is 160mm.


    Thanks for replying :)
    if i still got with NzxtS340 will it be bad for the GPU since it will just under the NHD15 ?
    Would the NHD15S fit well ? Would you please suggest me a good case with similar characteristics ?

    Doing some researches i have found out that many had gone with AIO coolers than Air coolers.but i also found out that air coolers do the same job and last long..

    Thanks in advance :)
    Reply to dewashan96
  3. Best answer
    I'm very picky when it comes to cases, so I've always built my computers to cater to the case. If you like that case, keep it, go with your absolute favorite. That being said, I am quite fond of the corsair 750D (Supports up to 170mm CPU cooler height).
    Aircoolers, especially ones like the NHD-15, can perform neck and neck with AIO coolers... you heard correctly. And youre also right about them lasting long, unless you break it it'll last indefinitely!

    The NHD-15 wont cause issues with your GPU with the motherboard you picked. The NHD-15s is the same height, but it's thinner so not much of a difference there. And just to make sure... you do plan to overclock your CPU to the absolute limit right? Because that's the only reason you'd need a cooler of this quality.
    Reply to AnonymousAndy
  4. AnonymousAndy said:
    I'm very picky when it comes to cases, so I've always built my computers to cater to the case. If you like that case, keep it, go with your absolute favorite. That being said, I am quite fond of the corsair 750D (Supports up to 170mm CPU cooler height).
    Aircoolers, especially ones like the NHD-15, can perform neck and neck with AIO coolers... you heard correctly. And youre also right about them lasting long, unless you break it it'll last indefinitely!

    The NHD-15 wont cause issues with your GPU with the motherboard you picked. The NHD-15s is the same height, but it's thinner so not much of a difference there. And just to make sure... you do plan to overclock your CPU to the absolute limit right? Because that's the only reason you'd need a cooler of this quality.


    I didn't think much about overclocking,i chose this cooler is to make sure that i don't damage the CPU(i7-8700k bench marks shows high temp). I might overclock in the future because I'm going to use this mainly for gaming and photo/video editing.
    I'm putting all my savings into this that is why I'm being very protective and just want to be on the safe side..
    Reply to dewashan96
  5. dewashan96 said:
    AnonymousAndy said:
    I'm very picky when it comes to cases, so I've always built my computers to cater to the case. If you like that case, keep it, go with your absolute favorite. That being said, I am quite fond of the corsair 750D (Supports up to 170mm CPU cooler height).
    Aircoolers, especially ones like the NHD-15, can perform neck and neck with AIO coolers... you heard correctly. And youre also right about them lasting long, unless you break it it'll last indefinitely!

    The NHD-15 wont cause issues with your GPU with the motherboard you picked. The NHD-15s is the same height, but it's thinner so not much of a difference there. And just to make sure... you do plan to overclock your CPU to the absolute limit right? Because that's the only reason you'd need a cooler of this quality.


    I didn't think much about overclocking,i chose this cooler is to make sure that i don't damage the CPU(i7-8700k bench marks shows high temp). I might overclock in the future because I'm going to use this mainly for gaming and photo/video editing.
    I'm putting all my savings into this that is why I'm being very protective and just want to be on the safe side..


    You can buy a good looking air cooler for about $50 that will be much smaller, and still be good enough for a modest overclocking. You can get a totally adequate cooler for less than $30, if you don't mind silver and copper coloring. The NHD-15 is a performance double tower cooler that can compete with 240mm radiator AIO water coolers, you absolutely do not need that if you don't plan to heavily overclock.

    As an example, this cooler is $20 shipped but it would be more than adequate to keep your i7 cool at stock clocks, while staying quiet as well. It's much smaller than the NHD-15. It would even allow you to dabble in overclocking one day if you changed your mind, although it wouldn't be all that quiet anymore :P
    https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA66Z28G2596&cm_re=black_air_cooler-_-13C-001T-00004-_-Product
    Reply to AnonymousAndy
  6. AnonymousAndy said:
    dewashan96 said:
    AnonymousAndy said:
    I'm very picky when it comes to cases, so I've always built my computers to cater to the case. If you like that case, keep it, go with your absolute favorite. That being said, I am quite fond of the corsair 750D (Supports up to 170mm CPU cooler height).
    Aircoolers, especially ones like the NHD-15, can perform neck and neck with AIO coolers... you heard correctly. And youre also right about them lasting long, unless you break it it'll last indefinitely!

    The NHD-15 wont cause issues with your GPU with the motherboard you picked. The NHD-15s is the same height, but it's thinner so not much of a difference there. And just to make sure... you do plan to overclock your CPU to the absolute limit right? Because that's the only reason you'd need a cooler of this quality.


    I didn't think much about overclocking,i chose this cooler is to make sure that i don't damage the CPU(i7-8700k bench marks shows high temp). I might overclock in the future because I'm going to use this mainly for gaming and photo/video editing.
    I'm putting all my savings into this that is why I'm being very protective and just want to be on the safe side..


    You can buy a good looking air cooler for about $50 that will be much smaller, and still be good enough for a modest overclocking. You can get a totally adequate cooler for less than $30, if you don't mind silver and copper coloring. The NHD-15 is a performance double tower cooler that can compete with 240mm radiator AIO water coolers, you absolutely do not need that if you don't plan to heavily overclock.

    As an example, this cooler is $20 shipped but it would be more than adequate to keep your i7 cool at stock clocks, while staying quiet as well. It's much smaller than the NHD-15. It would even allow you to dabble in overclocking one day if you changed your mind, although it wouldn't be all that quiet anymore :P
    https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA66Z28G2596&cm_re=black_air_cooler-_-13C-001T-00004-_-Product


    Thanks for helping me out bro :)
    I'm going to go with NzxtS340Elite and NHD-15 :)
    Reply to dewashan96
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Asus Noctua Cases Compatibility