Why is my RX 550 having low fps in CSGO

So I newly brought my RX 550 to replace my onboard graphics of my A8-7600 and I played CSGO first.
Then I noticed there's only 100 fps when in low in CSGO. Then after playing for a while, I went to the device manager and disable the onboard graphics then played CSGO, still same result. Should I permanently disabled it on my bios and if so, can I enable it again?
Reply to thelolster32
7 answers Last reply
More about 550 low fps csgo
  1. thelolster32 said:
    So I newly brought my RX 550 to replace my onboard graphics of my A8-7600 and I played CSGO first.
    Then I noticed there's only 100 fps when in low in CSGO. Then after playing for a while, I went to the device manager and disable the onboard graphics then played CSGO, still same result. Should I permanently disabled it on my bios and if so, can I enable it again?

monitor is connected to the gpu and NOT the motherboard right?

lower and raise settings, do you get the same fps?
    Reply to maxalge
  2. maxalge said:
    thelolster32 said:

monitor is connected to the gpu and NOT the motherboard right?

lower and raise settings, do you get the same fps?

It's connected to my videocard with an hdmi to vga adapter because my monitor doesn't have hdmi.
    It still has low fps..
    Reply to thelolster32
  3. 100 fps is pretty good for an a8 + rx550, i think>???
    Reply to Franklin_4
  4. Franklin_4 said:
    100 fps is pretty good for an a8 + rx550, i think>???

So am I experiencing a bottleneck?
    Reply to thelolster32
  5. If you play at low settings at 1080p and check your framerate, then play at low settings 720p does your framerate go up a lot compared to at 1080p? If not, then yes that's a bottleneck. CSGO isn't demanding, but it does perform better with a faster CPU.
    Reply to dontlistentome
  6. i dont think so. im suprised youre getting that good of fps in the first place, especially on CS:GO. The A8 might be bottlenecking your 550 slightly, but not by much.

There are people here with a lot more knowledge on the subject than me, but i doubt youre gonna squeeze more out of that combo, even if you OC.

if im not mistaken, CS:GO is pretty CPU intensive, and just under half of your CPUs architecture is taken up by the on-board GPU, so pairing it with a 550 seems...wasteful to me. I used to have that same CPU, eventually i switched to an fx6300 + gtx 950, but even that means a new mobo...

if you wanna get the most outta your discreet GPU then a non-APU is definitely the way to go. going the cheapest ryzen 3 route is gonna cost you like 260$ right now. cuz it means new cpu+mobo+RAM.

unless money is a nonissue for you then i would stick to what youre working with now, maybe lower setting a little bit if 100fps isnt enough, and maybe santa clause will bring you a newegg giftcard for christmas haha
    Reply to Franklin_4
  7. also, the VGA adapter might be losing you some quality, but i wouldnt think that would lessen your frame rate.
    Reply to Franklin_4
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Device Manager Low FPS FPS Graphics