Solved

Coffee Lake - Should I buy now or wait?

So I am gonna build a gaming PC soon and I've set my eyes on the i3-8100 for now. But since January is only 2 months away and Intel is gonna release their second batch, should I wait or should I just get the i3-8100? Also, is an extra 0.5 Mhz worth it?

So should I buy the i3-8100 now and buy a H310 / B360 motherboard in January or should I buy the i3-8300 and a H310 / B360 both in January?
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about coffee lake buy wait
  1. Best answer
    You should probably wait, because as of right the demand for those CPU's are high and the supply is low which will just increase the price, for example just last month the 8700k were about $330, and now they are closer to $416, if you wait for intel to release their next batch and allow the price to go down you can save yourself a lot of money
  2. OfficialAzzaN said:
    So I am gonna build a gaming PC soon and I've set my eyes on the i3-8100 for now. But since January is only 2 months away and Intel is gonna release their second batch, should I wait or should I just get the i3-8100? Also, is an extra 0.5 Mhz worth it?

    So should I buy the i3-8100 now and buy a H310 / B360 motherboard in January or should I buy the i3-8300 and a H310 / B360 both in January?


    Wait until the next version of the CPUs comes out and extra 0.5mhz isn't worth it
  3. ProfessinalGamer said:
    OfficialAzzaN said:
    So I am gonna build a gaming PC soon and I've set my eyes on the i3-8100 for now. But since January is only 2 months away and Intel is gonna release their second batch, should I wait or should I just get the i3-8100? Also, is an extra 0.5 Mhz worth it?

    So should I buy the i3-8100 now and buy a H310 / B360 motherboard in January or should I buy the i3-8300 and a H310 / B360 both in January?


    Wait until the next version of the CPUs comes out and extra 0.5mhz isn't worth it


    Problem with doing that is you end up just waiting all the time, because as soon as one comes out the next gen will already have leaked teasers and info, so if you just keep waiting you will never upgrade your pc
  4. I always advise against buying parts and not being able to test them straight away. You might have a harder time retuning a faulty cpu if it was bought 2-3 months earlier.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming PCs Build Coffee Lake