RAM Upgrade for Asus K53SM- SX010D (Existing RAM is Elpida 4GB (DDR3-1600 / PC3-12800))
Requesting your expert knowledge to answer my query. I am in the process of upgrading RAM of my Asus K53SM- SX010D laptop with a 4GB.New configuration would be (4+4=8GB). The existing RAM is : Elpida 4GB (DDR3-1600 / PC3-12800), 1.5V, SO-DIMM, 204 Pin.
My queries are the folowing:
1) Should I buy an Elpida RAM itself to ensure compatibility?
2) Laptop Specs from ASUS site show that motherboard supports 1333Mhz RAM , but stock RAM existing in laptop is 1600 Mhz. Should I buy the upgrade as a 1333Mhz one or stick to 1600Mhz?
3) My options in Transcend and Kingston are showing dual voltage RAMs. Will 1.35V dual voltage work along my stock 1.5v single voltage RAM. Any compatibility issues?
4) Please share your wealthy knowledge in what all other factors should I look into since I will be sourcing the RAM online and returns are cumbersome?
5) How to compare the Latency Compatibility of old and new RAM?
Thanks in Advance.
Reply to jjp1186
More aboutram upgrade asus k53sm sx010d existing ram elpida 4gb ddr3 1600 pc3 12800