Solved

Which is the best pair?

My specs-
i3 540 3.07 ghz
Mobo DH55TC
8 gb ddr4 ram
Integrated gpu
Iball 400 stock cooler
Thinking of update so that i can play modern AAA titles like gta 5 , battlefield 1, witcher 3 at 900p native resolution. So im think to pair this rig with either gtx 750 ti or 1050 ti , suggest me which is the best pair and what difference i should get as compared to my current rig? Pls A2A.
Reply to prince4090
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about pair
  1. prince4090 said:
    My specs-
    i3 540 3.07 ghz
    Mobo DH55TC
    8 gb ddr4 ram
    Integrated gpu
    Iball 400 stock cooler
    Thinking of update so that i can play modern AAA titles like gta 5 , battlefield 1, witcher 3 at 900p native resolution. So im think to pair this rig with either gtx 750 ti or 1050 ti , suggest me which is the best pair and what difference i should get as compared to my current rig? Pls A2A.


    1050ti should be a good future proof for you, u can bring it to your new rig later should u build a new 1
    although the bottleneck on 1050ti might gonna be worse than on the 750ti...

    btw, it's suppose to be DDR3?
    Reply to constantine_99
  2. Tell me which should i buy to get best experience 750 ti or 1050 ti? Should i able to play games like gta 5 , battlefield 1, witcher 3 and more at 900p resolution at medium or high settings ? And how much fps should i get in these games.?
    Reply to prince4090
  3. prince4090 said:
    Tell me which should i buy to get best experience 750 ti or 1050 ti? Should i able to play games like gta 5 , battlefield 1, witcher 3 and more at 900p resolution at medium or high settings ? And how much fps should i get in these games.?


    i don't know the exact performance for the 750ti, especially on a pretty odd resolution like 900p (rarely heard that resolution tbh)
    my GTX 1050ti though, just crush everything on 768p on high settings
    the 750ti on the other hand, might gonna suffer if u were to crank those settings up [although a mix of med-high shouldn't be a problem for it imo]

    HOWEVER, seeing that your CPU pretty much on par (actually, it wins by 13% if i'm not wrong) with my old Pentium G850 (with the exception of 2 extra thread on i3) i'm gonna suggest the 750ti, 1050ti would be heavily bottlenecked by the CPU... so 750ti is more balance imo

    what i get when i pair the 1050ti + G850
    50-90 fps on CSGO no matter the settings....(higher setting results more stuttering though, more dips)
    GTA V becomes unplayable no matter the settings! (i can play it with my old GT 630) unless i cap the fps to 30 (fps always hover every ms, i think that's why the game turn into stutter hell when i uncap the fps)
    don't have BF1 / Witcher 3 so yeah, can't say about those, but from what i know, these games are CPU intensive, your CPU will have a hard time keeping up with the GTX 1050ti :)

    so u got 2 option imo:
    get the 1050ti, but try capping the fps if the games had stutter hell [with the bottleneck, those kind of thing bound to happen a lot, unstable fps rate etc], but still want to keep the GPU when u upgrade later, this way is better if u're low on cash / unemployed like me
    or
    get the 750ti and enjoy the performance (since it should be much more balanced) but when u upgrade later to something like 1080p gaming, u'll have to change the whole rig, this is a better solution if u had a fixed source of income which means u can save up bit by bit and just build a whole new PC

    which way i would recommend? depends on your situation mate :)
    Reply to constantine_99
  4. Should i more more than 30 fps in gta 5 and other games in med to high settings?
    Reply to prince4090
  5. prince4090 said:
    Should i more more than 30 fps in gta 5 and other games in med to high settings?


    with the GTX 1050ti? u're suppose to get much more, unfortunately the CPU will most likely hold you back, so i would say on 40ish fps perhaps? if u try any higher u might gonna end up in a stutter hell just like my experience wtih the G850, on the other hand, in the future upgrade, u can save money by using the GTX 1050ti so that's one part off the list

    with the 750ti though, u won't have to cap the fps, the game would probably run on 40-70ish just fine on med-high
    the downside is that this GPU is pretty weak for games nowdays [especially on 1080p above] if u were to make a system leap, so u'll have to ditch it too later on XD

    750ti is more balanced, i suggest u go with it, especially if u had a fixed source of income (which means u can probably save up every month and after having enough money, buy a whole new rig)
    Reply to constantine_99
  6. So i think i should go with 750 ti . But should i able to play the modern AAA titles in 900p medium to high setting with at least 30 fps ?
    Reply to prince4090
  7. Best answer
    prince4090 said:
    So i think i should go with 750 ti . But should i able to play the modern AAA titles in 900p medium to high setting with at least 30 fps ?


    more than possible if u're targetting 30 fps
    750ti has been shown to perform at 30~ fps AT 1080P high-very high (keep in mind the CPU does it part here, so the bottleneck is on the GPU side for that result)

    meaning that with med-high on 900p, u should easily achieve 60 fps :)

    suggestion though, keep the CPU intensive setting on the low side (cranking texture etc up is fine, but keep things like AA, MSAA, draw distance, npc spawnage on the low-med side since these settings will eat up your CPU usage)
    Reply to constantine_99
  8. Can you please do the conclusion if i buy 750 ti?
    Reply to prince4090
  9. prince4090 said:
    Can you please do the conclusion if i buy 750 ti?


    it'll run great with your CPU (supposedly)
    u can easily reach 60 fps on med(and maybe some mixture of high) imo
    u can always experiment with the settings to get the most performance/quality :D

    do remember that ur PC is pretty old and with all the new gens coming up, i would suggest u start saving up for a whole new system for a more enjoyable experience XD
    Reply to constantine_99
  10. Im tight on budget right now . Maybe after couple of months i will get pentium g4560 . But then i also have to buy new mobo.
    Reply to prince4090
  11. prince4090 said:
    Im tight on budget right now . Maybe after couple of months i will get pentium g4560 . But then i also have to buy new mobo.


    yeah, u'll need new RAM too, and depending on what PSU u have now, u might need a new one too...
    it's a pretty costly upgrade, but at least for now u can stick wiht your old PC
    Reply to constantine_99
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Processors Video Games Gaming PCs FPS Nvidia Performance Bottleneck Graphics Cards