Unallocated disk with cyclic redundancy check error,Want data back

It is a seagate back up plus slim
Reply to mitu1234
4 answers Last reply
More about unallocated disk cyclic redundancy check error data back
  1. ok....are you able to get access to the drive at all to copy data?
    Reply to captaincharisma
  2. captaincharisma said:
    ok....are you able to get access to the drive at all to copy data?


    I can't find any drive letter ,but while checking of dics management it shows un allocated and then crc error which prevent it from allocating letter ,but i can see the safe removal icon and remove it safely
    Reply to mitu1234
  3. mitu1234 said:
    captaincharisma said:
    ok....are you able to get access to the drive at all to copy data?


    I can't find any drive letter ,but while checking of dics management it shows un allocated and then crc error which prevent it from allocating letter ,but i can see the safe removal icon and remove it safely


    sounds like the drive was damaged or has become defective. depending on how important the data is you could try contacting seagate to see if there is anything they can do to help you recover the data. other then that there are other recovery services out there but they may be too expensive for you to be worth it
    Reply to captaincharisma
  4. captaincharisma said:
    mitu1234 said:
    captaincharisma said:
    ok....are you able to get access to the drive at all to copy data?


    I can't find any drive letter ,but while checking of dics management it shows un allocated and then crc error which prevent it from allocating letter ,but i can see the safe removal icon and remove it safely


    sounds like the drive was damaged or has become defective. depending on how important the data is you could try contacting seagate to see if there is anything they can do to help you recover the data. other then that there are other recovery services out there but they may be too expensive for you to be worth it




    When i plug in the drive it makes the normal sound and shows that drive is ready to use but then i find it no where so i think any other issue might be causing it and date would be safe,but when assigning to drive letter it says CRC error,can u tell any way to rectify this CRC error
    Reply to mitu1234
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Seagate