MSI or Gigabyte

First PC build and I need to know what will be the best Motherboard. This build is like $750 or less and if I get a gigabyte board i save 40 bucks which would be great. This pc will be for gaming and im wondering how easy both MBS will be to set up. Which one will have the greatest impact on gaming? Im new to this pc building stuff
Reply to solomon Hunter
14 answers Last reply
More about msi gigabyte
  1. which boards?
    what is the rest of your build?
    Reply to R_1
  2. Both are reliable brands, MB quality is case by case. Can you list your specs? And two MB you are choosing from?
    Reply to vapour
  3. vapour said:
    Both are reliable brands, MB quality is case by case. Can you list your specs? And two MB you are choosing from?



    I want to use a msi b350 tomahawk and some gigabyte board and i think its A320M (I forgot). The gigabyte is like 50 bucks less and I'm on a budget but I also want the most out of my budget.
    Reply to solomon Hunter
  4. A320 mb is worse chipset than B350, with OC ability of Ryzen. B350 board for sure to get most out of Ryzen CPU. Tomahawk is a good MB :) Where do you live? We may be able to find you a way to buy it cheaper.
    Reply to vapour
  5. vapour said:
    A320 mb is worse chipset than B350, with OC ability of Ryzen. B350 board for sure to get most out of Ryzen CPU. Tomahawk is a good MB :) Where do you live? We may be able to find you a way to buy it cheaper.


    I live in the USA, Maryland. But I don't know much about overclocking so I don't think I'll be comfortable with trying it. Maybe I'll wait a couple months and see what I can do.
    Reply to solomon Hunter
  6. Same state here :) I am first OCer as well, see my build :) B350 is not much more expensive than A320, but you keep the functionality :) Will update with a list for you soon. Do you prefer micro ATX or ATX size case?
    Reply to vapour
  7. vapour said:
    Same state here :) I am first OCer as well, see my build :) B350 is not much more expensive than A320, but you keep the functionality :) Will update with a list for you soon. Do you prefer micro ATX or ATX size case?


    I plan on running the ATX size case. Nice build by the way but couldn't you downgrade the cpu for a better gpu?
    Reply to solomon Hunter
  8. Of course you can :) I am planning to upgrade to 1070 when price is reasonable :)
    Reply to vapour
  9. Here you go:

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 1200 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor ($109.89 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard ($70.98 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($90.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital - Green 240GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($83.11 @ Newegg Marketplace)
    Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($45.69 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB SC GAMING Video Card ($269.89 @ B&H)
    Case: DIYPC - Ranger-R4-R ATX Mid Tower Case ($25.98 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic - EVO Edition 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($39.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $736.52
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-10-04 12:38 EDT-0400
    Reply to vapour
  10. vapour said:
    Here you go:

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 1200 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor ($109.89 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard ($70.98 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($90.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital - Green 240GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($83.11 @ Newegg Marketplace)
    Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($45.69 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB SC GAMING Video Card ($269.89 @ B&H)
    Case: DIYPC - Ranger-R4-R ATX Mid Tower Case ($25.98 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic - EVO Edition 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($39.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $736.52
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-10-04 12:38 EDT-0400



    Thanks, but do I need an SSD? And I plan on using the 3GB version of the gtx 1060. Forgot to mention that i'll be buying a monitor so that's like 80 bucks added to my budget
    Reply to solomon Hunter
  11. If u can afford, 1060 6gb is worth getting. In my opinion, 1050ti is better than 1060 3gb due to some AAA games need that extra Gddr5 ram. SSD will be tremendous speed boost in booting and game loading. Check this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j84eEjP-RL4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dEsTiOeMQ4

    Game speed is fine, if you don't feel those boost needed, you can cut ssd :)
    Reply to vapour
  12. vapour said:
    If u can afford, 1060 6gb is worth getting. In my opinion, 1050ti is better than 1060 3gb due to some AAA games need that extra Gddr5 ram. SSD will be tremendous speed boost in booting and game loading. Check this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j84eEjP-RL4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dEsTiOeMQ4

    Game speed is fine, if you don't feel those boost needed, you can cut ssd :)


    Ok, thanks. So if I want good fps thats like 50+ and good graphics on high then I should go with the 1050 ti?
    Reply to solomon Hunter
  13. 1050 ti with med-high setting, yes. FOr ultra, you need 1060 6gb
    Reply to vapour
  14. vapour said:
    1050 ti with med-high setting, yes. FOr ultra, you need 1060 6gb


    Ok, thanks
    Reply to solomon Hunter
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Video Games Gaming MSI-Microstar Gigabyte Build Motherboards