Installing Windows XP on HP 15-be015tu Notebook

Hi,

I bought a new HP-15be015tu notebook.It has core i3 6th Gen Processor.
I am trying to install Windows XP on it .I am able to boot from CD.But after initially reading files from CD it stops and gives a BSOD screen.
Please help me to install Windows XP.
Reply to jyoti_2017
8 answers Last reply
More about installing windows be015tu notebook
  1. Why would you want windows xp, that thing is from 2002 or something. Just get windows 10 and dont even think about windows xp, its Obsolete
    Reply to Mongolete
  2. Mongolete said:
    Why would you want windows xp, that thing is from 2002 or something. Just get windows 10 and dont even think about windows xp, its Obsolete


    I have requirement....Please tell me if you know a solution?
    Reply to jyoti_2017
  3. jyoti_2017 said:
    Mongolete said:
    Why would you want windows xp, that thing is from 2002 or something. Just get windows 10 and dont even think about windows xp, its Obsolete


    I have requirement....Please tell me if you know a solution?


    Run your Win XP in a Virtual machine.
    Win 7/8.1/10 for the host OS on the actual laptop.

    What is this 'requirement'?
    Reply to USAFRet
  4. The last Intel platform that was fully compatible with XP is Sandy Bridge. Ivy Bridge works too, if you aren't using the IGP (rather difficult with a laptop), and Fernando even has an AHCI driver for Z77 or X79.

    Anything newer and you are likely to be stuck with no USB ports and only the standard VGA driver, provided your Legacy BIOS can be set to IDE compatibility mode. The bluescreen may be due to the storage being set as AHCI.
    Reply to BFG-9000
  5. BFG-9000 said:
    The last Intel platform that was fully compatible with XP is Sandy Bridge. Ivy Bridge works too, if you aren't using the IGP (rather difficult with a laptop), and Fernando even has an AHCI driver for Z77 or X79.

    Anything newer and you are likely to be stuck with no USB ports and only the standard VGA driver, provided your Legacy BIOS can be set to IDE compatibility mode. The bluescreen may be due to the storage being set as AHCI.


    I have this IDE : Intel(R) 6th Generation Core Processor Family Platform I/O SATA AHCI Controller

    and my Device ID is :PNP Device ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D03&SUBSYS_81EB103C&REV_21\3&11583659&0&B8


    Can please tell me which sata drivers i need??
    Reply to jyoti_2017
  6. Disable AHCI and the standard Microsoft Dual Channel IDE driver should work fine. Otherwise, there is no driver so you'd have to write it yourself.
    Reply to BFG-9000
  7. How should I disable AHCI??
    Reply to jyoti_2017
  8. jyoti_2017 said:
    How should I disable AHCI??


    From Bios
    Reply to Mongolete
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Notebooks Hewlett Packard Intel Windows XP