Solved

Upgrading MotherBoard for Intel Core i7 2600

I had intel DH67CL motherboard with Intel Core i7 2600 processor back in 2011. I can not upgrade my OS from Win7 to Windows 10 on DH67CL as its not compatible.

I am looking to upgrade the motherboard which should be firstly compatible with Intel core i7 2600, Socket LGA1155 and Windows 10. I am happy to spend $200 on it.

I would highly appreciate for your kind suggestions.

Thanks
13 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about upgrading motherboard intel core 2600
  1. Have you tried installing Windows 10? I bet that it will work just fine...
  2. When i check the compatibility of Intel DH67CL Motherboard it does not say it supports windows 10. Also i tried to intall windows 10 but i was never been able to boot it as it takes forever to load and does not respond. I was using 12G Memory 512 MB HDD which was upgraded recently.
  3. felipetga said:
    Have you tried installing Windows 10? I bet that it will work just fine...


    Yes i did multiple times,
  4. That might have been a corrupted installation. I say this because I have H61 and Z68 chipset PCs with Windows 10 on them, and both of them are the same Gen as your chipset... You could check on Bios if you have AHCI enabled for that 500gb HDD...
  5. Best answer
    The intel DH67CL that you currently own will work with windows 10. Try a new fresh install using the original windows 10 CD
  6. felipetga said:
    That might have been a corrupted installation. I say this because I have H61 and Z68 chipset PCs with Windows 10 on them, and both of them are the same Gen as your chipset... You could check on Bios if you have AHCI enabled for that 500gb HDD...


    Spoke to intel they confirmed it is not supported. which is surprising

    https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/boardsandkits/desktop-boards/desktop-board-supported-os-list.pdf
  7. YoAndy said:
    The intel DH67CL that you currently own will work with windows 10. Try a new fresh install using the original windows 10 CD


    Intel sent me this

    https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/boardsandkits/desktop-boards/desktop-board-supported-os-list.pdf
  8. mohsinamalik said:
    YoAndy said:
    The intel DH67CL that you currently own will work with windows 10. Try a new fresh install using the original windows 10 CD


    Intel sent me this

    https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/boardsandkits/desktop-boards/desktop-board-supported-os-list.pdf


    That's because when that motherboard was builded windows 10 wasn't out yet. , That doesn't mean that it won't work.
  9. If you have tried another clean installation and have not succeeded please send more details about your build...
  10. I have a DH61CR with windows 10 and an i5 2400. Install was painless and runs great. You should be able to upgrade. Maybe you should try a clean install of windows 10.
  11. mohsinamalik said:
    I had intel DH67CL motherboard with Intel Core i7 2600 processor back in 2011. I can not upgrade my OS from Win7 to Windows 10 on DH67CL as its not compatible.

    I am looking to upgrade the motherboard which should be firstly compatible with Intel core i7 2600, Socket LGA1155 and Windows 10. I am happy to spend $200 on it.

    I would highly appreciate for your kind suggestions.

    Thanks
  12. i have an asus p8b75-m motherboard i use with my i7 2600 cpu.
Ask a new question

Read More

windows 10 Intel i7 Intel Motherboards Compatibility