Solved

Does this CPU cooler fit?

I have the Cooler Master - MasterLiquid 240 66.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler and the Gigabyte - GA-AB350M-Gaming 3 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard but the backplate doesn't go through the back on the motherboard. I dont know if this me being stupid or...

Thanks
Reply to thomasjamesbullock
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about cpu cooler fit
  1. Are you sure you're using the AM4 backplate, and not a different one?
    Reply to Shektron
  2. Shektron said:
    Are you sure you're using the AM4 backplate, and not a different one?


    It only comes with 1 backplate, 1 set of screw holes for AMD and the other for intel. OR theres the backplate that came with the board.

    Okay, I found the AM4 sockets, they clip on the the sides but the cooler doesnt actually make contact with the CPU?
    Reply to thomasjamesbullock
  3. Thermal paste? You're definitely doing something wrong, with the thermal paste applied the cooler should touch the CPU.
    Reply to Shektron
  4. Shektron said:
    Thermal paste? You're definitely doing something wrong, with the thermal paste applied the cooler should touch the CPU.


    And just to confirm the fact that the board is micro doesnt change anything?
    Reply to thomasjamesbullock
  5. Best answer
    thomasjamesbullock said:
    Shektron said:
    Thermal paste? You're definitely doing something wrong, with the thermal paste applied the cooler should touch the CPU.


    And just to confirm the fact that the board is micro doesnt change anything?


    Nope. Still an AM4 motherboard, should support any AM4 bracket and any AM4-compatible cooler.
    Reply to Shektron
  6. Shektron said:
    thomasjamesbullock said:
    Shektron said:
    Thermal paste? You're definitely doing something wrong, with the thermal paste applied the cooler should touch the CPU.


    And just to confirm the fact that the board is micro doesnt change anything?


    Nope. Still an AM4 motherboard, should support any AM4 bracket and any AM4-compatible cooler.

    I fixed it, the brackets were the wrong way around so i was being lifted to high. lol i derped thanks anyway
    Reply to thomasjamesbullock
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Cooler Master Cooling CPUs