Solved

FX-8350 Motherboard Recommendation

After a previous, costly issue with the infamous FX-9590 I decided to go with FX-8350 since it was extremely recommended. But I'm trying to avoid my previous mistake so I decided to ask the experts in the community what they believe would be the best, but not too expensive, motherboard for the FX-8350. Thank you!
Reply to brid108
13 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 8350 motherboard recommendation
  1. "Best" and "Not too expensive" are relative terms. Plus, they are getting scarce now. And because of that, their prices are climbing for new ones. I had an Asrock 990FX Extreme6 ATX board for my last FX-8350. Not the best or most expensive, but nice. Managed a 4.7GHz OC with little more than raising the multi and a bump in vcore.
    Reply to clutchc
  2. I just want to have a decent motherboard, im very knew to pcs and im just learning the ins and outs, it doesnt have to be the best motherboard it just needs to be compatible. I was lookin at the ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 AM3+, opinions on that one?
    Reply to brid108
  3. new*
    Reply to brid108
  4. brid108 said:
    I just want to have a decent motherboard, im very knew to pcs and im just learning the ins and outs, it doesnt have to be the best motherboard it just needs to be compatible. I was lookin at the ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 AM3+, opinions on that one?

That's another good AM3+ board.
    Reply to clutchc
  5. Is it compatible and reliable?
    Reply to brid108
  6. Also does the FX-8350 require a 970 or 990fx chipset?
    Reply to brid108
  7. brid108 said:
    Also does the FX-8350 require a 970 or 990fx chipset?

Asus is as reliable as they come. While the FX-8350 does not require a certain chipset, it performs best with the 990fx.
    Reply to clutchc
  8. But a 970 chipset will work just fine correct?
    Reply to brid108
  9. brid108 said:
    But a 970 chipset will work just fine correct?

Generally. But locate the board you have in mind, and then go to the manufacturer's website for that board. It will have the CPU support list you can use to verify. I can't remember if all 970 chipset boards were 125W... or if some were only 95W boards.
    Reply to clutchc
  10. Im lookin at the ASUS 970 Pro Gaming Aura and it says it has the 970 chipset for the FX series.
    Reply to brid108
  11. Best answer
    brid108 said:
    Im lookin at the ASUS 970 Pro Gaming Aura and it says it has the 970 chipset for the FX series.

That would be a good board for using the 970 chipset. The FX-8350 was supported from day one.
    Reply to clutchc
  12. Thank you thats what i was lookin for!
    Reply to brid108
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Go CPUs Motherboards