Ryzen 7 Overheating and more voltage usage after bios Update

Hi, I just updated the bios and just realized the CPU was increasing the temperature as well voltage usage , CPU was before the update like 32 -38 degrees in the bios screen now is like 43 degrees same in desktop of Win10 and vcore is reaching 1.4 which is weird because i didn't touch anything just updated for memory ram purposes , i am using HW monitor , CPUZ and AMD Master Ryzen which is showing me the cores are running in 3.2ghz , sometimes like 2.7ghz and sometimes 3.7ghz , it looks unstable to me ,is this Normal or i need to do something else? , Do i need to reconfiguration the values manually in the Bios? , Thanks for reading me and i hope someone can help me.

My PC:

Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix B350-f gaming
CPU: Ryzen 7 1700
RAM: GSkill Ripjaws x2 8gb 3200
GPU: EVGA GTX 960
SSD: Kingstone Hyperx Fury ssd 240gb
Reply to bibiorunitia
6 answers Last reply
More about ryzen overheating voltage usage bios update
  1. manually increase your fan profiles or roll back the bios update.

    There was a change in how the fan profile and temp readings are reported leading to your exact issue. the fix is doing one of the two things above. ill try to find the article for you. but basically the fan is running slower then before the update.
    Reply to maxwellmelon
  2. Manually set the voltage, don't use auto.

    I read yesterday about an updated Gigabyte bios that is applying 1.7V to chips and frying them. Changing the Vcore off of auto and manually setting it to what you want should fix the issue.
    Reply to 4745454b
  3. maxwellmelon said:
    manually increase your fan profiles or roll back the bios update.

    There was a change in how the fan profile and temp readings are reported leading to your exact issue. the fix is doing one of the two things above. ill try to find the article for you. but basically the fan is running slower then before the update.


    Hi , thank you for your reply , I would be like to roll back bios update , do you have any tutorial or guide to roll back Bios Update ? which i am not sure what version i had before i guess i am gonna try the previous one.
    Reply to bibiorunitia
  4. 4745454b said:
    Manually set the voltage, don't use auto.

    I read yesterday about an updated Gigabyte bios that is applying 1.7V to chips and frying them. Changing the Vcore off of auto and manually setting it to what you want should fix the issue.


    Hi ,thanks for your reply , the truth is i don't know much about this , i am probably rolling back the bios update to a previous version , but if i don't what voltage number i could use to make it safe? .
    Reply to bibiorunitia
  5. I would set it for around 1.35V. That seems to be the upper end of safe. Some users are even reporting they are running 1.275 or so. That sounds low to me, but every chip is different. 1.3-1.35V should be fine.
    Reply to 4745454b
  6. bibiorunitia said:
    maxwellmelon said:
    manually increase your fan profiles or roll back the bios update.

    There was a change in how the fan profile and temp readings are reported leading to your exact issue. the fix is doing one of the two things above. ill try to find the article for you. but basically the fan is running slower then before the update.


    Hi , thank you for your reply , I would be like to roll back bios update , do you have any tutorial or guide to roll back Bios Update ? which i am not sure what version i had before i guess i am gonna try the previous one.


    If you wish to roll back your bios to the previously known working one, you can easily do it.

    grab thumb drive,
    download and extract the bios version you want to the flash drive.
    restart enter bios or instant flash mode and select the file run updater and all set.
    How to Flash Your Motherboard BIOS
    There are several reasons you may want to flash your BIOS to a newer version. One of the most common one is to add support for a processor that was released after your motherboard was released. Today I will be explaining using my ASROCK K10N780SLIX3-WiFi.... Read More
    Reply to JCorprew
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

BIOS CPUs Temperature