Solved

Hi I wanna buy a new graphics card and a new ram but i dont know if it will be compatible with my current motherboard and RAM

I want to buy this graphics card "ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Mini, 4GB GDDR5 DisplayPort 128-bit Gaming Graphic Card (ZT-P10510A-10L)" and RAM "Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2666MHz (PC4 21300) C16 Desktop Memory Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2A2666C16)"
and my SPEC is:
Motherboard - Gigabyte H81M-DS2
CPU - Intel Core i5 4460

If it isnt compatible any suggestion for a good graphics card or ram for gaming like PUBG? Thanks in advance.
Reply to agusdan.nell
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about wanna buy graphics card ram dont compatible current motherboard ram
  1. Title should be "if it will be compatible with my current motherboard and CPU" sorry for that
    Reply to agusdan.nell
  2. Yes, the GPU is compatible but the RAM isn't compatible; your mobo supports ddr3 and not ddr4. I would suggest you get the 1060 6 gb variant, although the 1050ti is a very good gaming GPU and is enough for PUBG and it will never bottleneck your CPU.
    Reply to Sohom
  3. Sohom said:
    Yes, the GPU is compatible but the RAM isn't compatible; your mobo supports ddr3 and not ddr4. I would suggest you get the 1060 6 gb variant, although the 1050ti is a very good gaming GPU and is enough for PUBG and it will never bottleneck your CPU.


    Should I think about my power supply? Someone told me that GPU also needs to be compatible with your power supply.
    Reply to agusdan.nell
  4. which power supply do you use? Any branded reputable 500 watt power supply will be enough.
    Reply to Sohom
  5. Sohom said:
    which power supply do you use? Any branded reputable 500 watt power supply will be enough.


    doesnt 1050 has a cord or something that needs to be connected to the PSU? or nothing?
    Sorry too noob for this kind of stuff
    Reply to agusdan.nell
  6. agusdan.nell said:
    Sohom said:
    which power supply do you use? Any branded reputable 500 watt power supply will be enough.


    doesnt 1050 has a cord or something that needs to be connected to the PSU? or nothing?
    Sorry too noob for this kind of stuff


    Yes, a psu cable needs to be attached; every reputable branded psu has one, so dont worry about it. Dont cheap out on the PSU, its the most essential part of a system. If you have a cheap local PSU, you should upgrade it first.
    Reply to Sohom
  7. Sohom said:
    agusdan.nell said:
    Sohom said:
    which power supply do you use? Any branded reputable 500 watt power supply will be enough.


    doesnt 1050 has a cord or something that needs to be connected to the PSU? or nothing?
    Sorry too noob for this kind of stuff


    Yes, a psu cable needs to be attached; every reputable branded psu has one, so dont worry about it. Dont cheap out on the PSU, its the most essential part of a system. If you have a cheap local PSU, you should upgrade it first.


    So a 500W PSU should be good?
    Reply to agusdan.nell
  8. Best answer
    agusdan.nell said:
    Sohom said:
    agusdan.nell said:
    Sohom said:
    which power supply do you use? Any branded reputable 500 watt power supply will be enough.


    doesnt 1050 has a cord or something that needs to be connected to the PSU? or nothing?
    Sorry too noob for this kind of stuff


    Yes, a psu cable needs to be attached; every reputable branded psu has one, so dont worry about it. Dont cheap out on the PSU, its the most essential part of a system. If you have a cheap local PSU, you should upgrade it first.


    So a 500W PSU should be good?

    Yes, a 500 watt psu will be more than sufficient.
    Reply to Sohom
  9. Sohom said:
    agusdan.nell said:
    Sohom said:
    agusdan.nell said:
    Sohom said:
    which power supply do you use? Any branded reputable 500 watt power supply will be enough.


    doesnt 1050 has a cord or something that needs to be connected to the PSU? or nothing?
    Sorry too noob for this kind of stuff


    Yes, a psu cable needs to be attached; every reputable branded psu has one, so dont worry about it. Dont cheap out on the PSU, its the most essential part of a system. If you have a cheap local PSU, you should upgrade it first.


    So a 500W PSU should be good?

    Yes, a 500 watt psu will be more than sufficient.


    Hi, im back again. I just wanna ask since ZOTAC GeForce is not available on the hardware store near my place, is PALIT GTX1050TI DUAL OC 4096M GDDR5 128BIT DVI HDMI DP a good one or is it better than the Zotac? Also my friend suggested GeForce GTX 970 will it be compatible with my current specs?
    Reply to agusdan.nell
  10. agusdan.nell said:
    Sohom said:
    agusdan.nell said:
    Sohom said:
    agusdan.nell said:
    Sohom said:
    which power supply do you use? Any branded reputable 500 watt power supply will be enough.


    doesnt 1050 has a cord or something that needs to be connected to the PSU? or nothing?
    Sorry too noob for this kind of stuff


    Yes, a psu cable needs to be attached; every reputable branded psu has one, so dont worry about it. Dont cheap out on the PSU, its the most essential part of a system. If you have a cheap local PSU, you should upgrade it first.


    So a 500W PSU should be good?

    Yes, a 500 watt psu will be more than sufficient.


    Hi, im back again. I just wanna ask since ZOTAC GeForce is not available on the hardware store near my place, is PALIT GTX1050TI DUAL OC 4096M GDDR5 128BIT DVI HDMI DP a good one or is it better than the Zotac? Also my friend suggested GeForce GTX 970 will it be compatible with my current specs?

    Palit cards are ok... No worries there, but dont get the 970, you are better with the 1050ti.
    Reply to Sohom
  11. Sohom said:
    agusdan.nell said:
    Sohom said:
    agusdan.nell said:
    Sohom said:
    agusdan.nell said:
    Sohom said:
    which power supply do you use? Any branded reputable 500 watt power supply will be enough.


    doesnt 1050 has a cord or something that needs to be connected to the PSU? or nothing?
    Sorry too noob for this kind of stuff


    Yes, a psu cable needs to be attached; every reputable branded psu has one, so dont worry about it. Dont cheap out on the PSU, its the most essential part of a system. If you have a cheap local PSU, you should upgrade it first.


    So a 500W PSU should be good?

    Yes, a 500 watt psu will be more than sufficient.


    Hi, im back again. I just wanna ask since ZOTAC GeForce is not available on the hardware store near my place, is PALIT GTX1050TI DUAL OC 4096M GDDR5 128BIT DVI HDMI DP a good one or is it better than the Zotac? Also my friend suggested GeForce GTX 970 will it be compatible with my current specs?

    Palit cards are ok... No worries there, but dont get the 970, you are better with the 1050ti.


    Hi back again for the last time, So is PALIT GTX1050TI DUAL OC 4096M GDDR5 128BIT DVI HDMI DP compatible with my current motherboard or processor? Just wanted to make sure before i go buy one. I just checked what brand my PSU is and this is what it looks like. http://sulitpc.ph/desktop-laptop-components/power-supplycasingups/power-supply/500w-up/psu-fortress-700w-244-pins-sata-big-fan-model-yd-3cm12f_i1902
    is it compatible with the palit gtx1050ti? also theres a cable that is not connected with anything with 4 holes in it, my current gpu is sapphire radeon r7 200 series.
    Reply to agusdan.nell
  12. agusdan.nell said:
    Sohom said:
    agusdan.nell said:
    Sohom said:
    agusdan.nell said:
    Sohom said:
    agusdan.nell said:
    Sohom said:
    which power supply do you use? Any branded reputable 500 watt power supply will be enough.


    doesnt 1050 has a cord or something that needs to be connected to the PSU? or nothing?
    Sorry too noob for this kind of stuff


    Yes, a psu cable needs to be attached; every reputable branded psu has one, so dont worry about it. Dont cheap out on the PSU, its the most essential part of a system. If you have a cheap local PSU, you should upgrade it first.


    So a 500W PSU should be good?

    Yes, a 500 watt psu will be more than sufficient.


    Hi, im back again. I just wanna ask since ZOTAC GeForce is not available on the hardware store near my place, is PALIT GTX1050TI DUAL OC 4096M GDDR5 128BIT DVI HDMI DP a good one or is it better than the Zotac? Also my friend suggested GeForce GTX 970 will it be compatible with my current specs?

    Palit cards are ok... No worries there, but dont get the 970, you are better with the 1050ti.


    Hi back again for the last time, So is PALIT GTX1050TI DUAL OC 4096M GDDR5 128BIT DVI HDMI DP compatible with my current motherboard or processor? Just wanted to make sure before i go buy one. I just checked what brand my PSU is and this is what it looks like. http://sulitpc.ph/desktop-laptop-components/power-supplycasingups/power-supply/500w-up/psu-fortress-700w-244-pins-sata-big-fan-model-yd-3cm12f_i1902
    is it compatible with the palit gtx1050ti? also theres a cable that is not connected with anything with 4 holes in it, my current gpu is sapphire radeon r7 200 series.


    yes, the gpu is compatible with your motherboard. Regarding the PSU thats a cheap local PSU, i wouldn't even recommend using it or such quality PSU's even if it does have the GPU 4-pin connector. Pls, dont cheap out on the PSU; Get yourself a good PSU from reputable brands like seasonic, corsair, cooler master, EVGA., doesn't need to be super costly, just get one within your budget.
    Reply to Sohom
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

RAM Graphics Cards Compatibility Motherboards