I got 2 gtx 1080ti but getting lower fps

Hi its in the title I got a over kill setup. I got the sli hooked up and I use to use only 1 but now I'm using 2 I'm not getting as high as it was. Please help. This is in any game but mainly CSGO
Reply to RicEcho
12 answers Last reply
More about gtx 1080ti lower fps
  1. Is CS:GO optimized for SLI? Many games are not and for those, running with SLI actually gets lower performance than running without SLI.
    Reply to c4s2k3
  2. my first guess is cs:go isn't sli compatiable my second guess is maybe power supply not sufficient?
    Reply to rssbailey
  3. Complete system specs including power supply make and model? Resolution? Hopefully at least 4K. A single 1080 Ti will do 60 FPS in almost all games. I don't think CS:GO is very demanding.
    Reply to anort3
  4. CS GO will be completely CPU bound on a single 1080Ti. SLi has a CPU overhead so I would expect a slight drop.

    You should list the other games. Sli support is not great.
    Reply to sizzling
  5. anort3 said:
    Complete system specs including power supply make and model? Resolution? Hopefully at least 4K. A single 1080 Ti will do 60 FPS in almost all games. I don't think CS:GO is very demanding.


    https://gyazo.com/393964fe123e79edc67cee057ca77fba - My power supply is 1000 watts plenty and I use to get 600 fps in csgo but when I got my sli put in it hardly gets passed 350 and I'm just concerned. I'm fine with that but scared because 1 was doing so good now I'm only getting that with 2
    Reply to RicEcho
  6. sizzling said:
    CS GO will be completely CPU bound on a single 1080Ti. SLi has a CPU overhead so I would expect a slight drop.

    You should list the other games. Sli support is not great.


    PUBG,RSS, GTA V, GMOD
    Reply to RicEcho
  7. You still didn't answer my first question. Resolution? If you have dual 1080 Tis at 1080p you wasted over $1000 and should have got a single GTX 1070 or a 1080 non Ti if you like overkill. You're almost overkill for 1440p 144Hz with those cards. That's a high refresh rate 4K build. You're going to need to overclock that 7700K not to bottleneck those cards at any resolution.
    Reply to anort3
  8. anort3 said:
    You still didn't answer my first question. Resolution? If you have dual 1080 Tis at 1080p you wasted over $1000 and should have got a single GTX 1070 or a 1080 non Ti if you like overkill. You're almost overkill for 1440p 144Hz with those cards. That's a high refresh rate 4K build. You're going to need to overclock that 7700K not to bottleneck those cards at any resolution.


    You don't got to be so rude about it and yes I did answer your first question.
    Reply to RicEcho
  9. as anort3 asked, what resolution are you playing at???

    if you're running at 1080p, then that's your problem

    also, csgo is not very GPU intensive and is known to run better with one GPU
    Reply to blockhead78
  10. Also a gtx 1080 ti will be bottleneck on 8x bandwidth, my gtx 1080 was so i had to change to a 6900K so ic an run both of my gtx 1080 at 16X. Witcher 3 was one of highest increase in fps and gpu usage, from 60% on both gpus i have now 92-98% gpu usage on both of my cards at 1080p. I recomend you to disable sli when running cs:go, you dont need 2 gtx 1080ti for that, you will be most likely better without sli. The games that it doesnt matter if it is 8x or 16x for teh videocards until now from what i tested are: Crysis 3, battlefield 3,4,1 ,Rise of the tomb raider, need for speed series, and few more but dont remember right now.
    Reply to Dragos Manea
  11. CS:GO is not optimized for SLI. Same for a lot of other games. When a game is not optimized for SLI, it will not perform any better with 2 cards. In fact it will likely perform worse, and this is true regardless of any other concerns such as bandwidth or the game's CPU/GPU workload ratio. All of this has been true as long as SLI has been around.

    Welcome to the world of SLI. I know. I ran SLI for 3 years+. It's your responsibility to research which games support SLI among those you want to play, and when necessary, disable SLI via control panel. When it was time to upgrade my GPU, I decided to get a single powerful GPU and not worry about it any more. I must say I am much happier this way.
    Reply to c4s2k3
  12. c4s2k3 said:
    CS:GO is not optimized for SLI. Same for a lot of other games. When a game is not optimized for SLI, it will not perform any better with 2 cards. In fact it will likely perform worse, and this is true regardless of any other concerns such as bandwidth or the game's CPU/GPU workload ratio. All of this has been true as long as SLI has been around.

    Welcome to the world of SLI. I know. I ran SLI for 3 years+. It's your responsibility to research which games support SLI among those you want to play, and when necessary, disable SLI via control panel. When it was time to upgrade my GPU, I decided to get a single powerful GPU and not worry about it any more. I must say I am much happier this way.


    Csgo does support sli I know that for a fact I fixed it and now I am getting 100 times better fps
    Reply to RicEcho
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Gaming SLI FPS Nvidia Gtx Graphics Cards