Overclocking Laptop CPU intel T7500

READ ALL OF WHAT I POSTED, NOT JUST FEW SENTENCES.

I searched on google for days, and all I found were some posts where people just say @Dont overclock laptop, you wuill burn it".
But, there are some like me that do all sorts of things to their PC's and Laptops. For example, I opened my laptop and installed 5 fans inside and placed the motherboard in a PC case. Temps were before 60-90 C, but now thy don't go over 60 in the worst possible scenario. I think I can safely overclock my laptop that is now more a desktop PC. From 2.2 ghz I want to go all the way up to 3 ghz or close, depending on the performance.
There is no option in bios for overclock.
NOTE: it will not get burned even if I overclock it to 5ghz, but I will not go over 50%. I think of installing water cooling too, and temps would drop to sub 40C then, but that would be OVERKILL.

What I want to know?
I need a way to overclock my cpu that is a part of a Acer Aspire 5920g laptop. Couldn't find PLL number for my cpu in order to modify fsb with SetFsb or ClockGen, so I need the code/number or at least if it is ICS, RTM or some other.

What I already did?
Googled few days non stop over 40 hours looking. Looked on the motherboard and PLL was not there. Google wasn't my friend, and I always tell people to search and search, but this is impossible. There is nothing out there!
Reply to warlight
6 answers Last reply
More about overclocking laptop cpu intel t7500
  1. Laptops dont have proper cooling system and the CPU are locked too
    you dont want to OC unless you want to burn the CHIP
    Reply to nitinvaid20
  2. warlight said:
    I searched on google for days, and all I found were some posts where people just say @Dont overclock laptop, you wuill burn it".
    But, there are some like me that do all sorts of things to their PC's and Laptops. For example, I opened my laptop and installed 5 fans inside and placed the motherboard in a PC case. Temps were before 60-90 C, but now thy don't go over 60 in the worst possible scenario. I think I can safely overclock my laptop that is now more a desktop PC. From 2.2 ghz I want to go all the way up to 3 ghz or close, depending on the performance.
    There is no option in bios for overclock.
    NOTE: it will not get burned even if I overclock it to 5ghz, but I will not go over 50%. I think of installing water cooling too, and temps would drop to sub 40C then, but that would be OVERKILL.

What I want to know?
    I need a way to overclock my cpu that is a part of a Acer Aspire 5920g laptop. Couldn't find PLL number for my cpu in order to modify fsb with SetFsb or ClockGen, so I need the code/number or at least if it is ICS, RTM or some other.

What I already did?
    Googled few days non stop over 40 hours looking. Looked on the motherboard and PLL was not there. Google wasn't my friend, and I always tell people to search and search, but this is impossible. There is nothing out there!

You simply can't oc the cpu. It's locked in every way.
    Reply to jaslion
  3. nitinvaid20 said:
    Laptops dont have proper cooling system and the CPU are locked too
    you dont want to OC unless you want to burn the CHIP

I said my temps are ok and that my laptop motherboard is in a PC case and that I have custom coolers added to it. Didn't you read what I posted? You clearly show that!
    Reply to warlight
  4. You cannot overclock that laptop processor. It is very locked down. Not like a desktop mobo/cpu at all.
    Reply to iyzik
  5. iyzik said:
    You cannot overclock that laptop processor. It is very locked down. Not like a desktop mobo/cpu at all.

But people have overclocked it I seen the benchmarks info on some websites
    Reply to warlight
  6. warlight said:
    iyzik said:
    You cannot overclock that laptop processor. It is very locked down. Not like a desktop mobo/cpu at all.

But people have overclocked it I seen the benchmarks info on some websites

It's not possible. Those that oc'ed it have gaming laptop motherboards that have a feature that allows it. Yours is a generic laptop. Also if you want extra performance just get a cheap 30-50$ core 2 duo machine that has a higher frequency core 2 in it.
    Reply to jaslion
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Overclocking Intel Netbooks CPUs Laptops Aspire Acer Processors