Solved

CPU temp under load is this okay?

my CPU temp is getting to about 50-55C underload while playing WoW on my main screen and Runescape on a 2nd screen and sometimes a twitch chat on my 3rd screen. the CPU seems like it getting warm but my GPU is around the same temp also. my WoW is on Ultra settings at 1080 144 but my CPU usage is at around 40-50 depending if I have a chrome tab open. are my temps okay? I'm using a Corsair H100i GTX Watercooler.
Reply to Rekamaj
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about cpu temp load
  1. can't think of a single CPU where 50-55C would be considered hot under a gaming load.....
    Reply to mdd1963
  2. mdd1963 said:
    can't think of a single CPU where 50-55C would be considered hot under a gaming load.....


    I was reading other posts and some "Best Answers" were picked that 55+ would be considered in the worry zone. So im getting mixed answers.
    Reply to Rekamaj
  3. What CPU are you running? You really don't need to worry about that temperature regardless.

    The lowest safe "package" temperatures that I recall working with are in the low 60's. If 55°C is the most you are seeing that is not a problem, but what is "safe" is totally dependent on your CPU.
    Reply to HamBown81
  4. HamBown81 said:
    What CPU are you running? You really don't need to worry about that temperature regardless.

    The lowest safe "package" temperatures that I recall working with are in the low 60's. If 55°C is the most you are seeing that is not a problem, but what is "safe" is totally dependent on your CPU.


    I have an I7-6700k
    Reply to Rekamaj
  5. Rekamaj said:
    HamBown81 said:
    What CPU are you running? You really don't need to worry about that temperature regardless.

    The lowest safe "package" temperatures that I recall working with are in the low 60's. If 55°C is the most you are seeing that is not a problem, but what is "safe" is totally dependent on your CPU.


    I have an I7-6700k


    You are way safe at those temperatures, the Tj Max for your processor is 100°C.

    Anything below 90°C is "safe". Below 80°C is ideal for an air cooled set-up.
    Reply to HamBown81
  6. Best answer
    Guys,

    Here's the operating range for Core temperature:

    Core temperatures above 85°C aren't recommended.

    http://imgur.com/Svr2si8.jpgCore temperatures increase and decrease with Ambient temperature.

    Highest Core temperatures occur during stress tests, rendering or transcoding, but are lower during less processor intensive workloads such as applications and gaming. Core temperatures vary greatly between games as CPU workloads differ. Idle temperatures below 25°C are generally due to Ambient temperatures below 22°C.

    If you want to get yourselves up to speed on this topic, then read this Sticky: Intel Temperature Guide - http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-1800828/intel-temperature-guide.html

    CT :sol:
    Reply to CompuTronix
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Water Cooling World Of Warcraft CPUs Graphics Cards