I have dell T5400 i recently installed rx 570 and i use it for mining
And temperature reach 70 c
Is it a normal temperature and also
A question about power supply
Is it good for that card
Reply to zoza445.mm
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about dell t5400 570
  1. yes 70c is a normal temperature when you are mining i have many video cards running in my mining rig and their temperature varies

also your room temperature / air flow matters alot keep your case door open and you will see some temperature decrease

xfx 470 1 fan 80c
    r9 295x water cooled 75c
    rx 480 armor 75c
    xfx 470 2 fans 70c
    gtx 980 70c

as for power supply most dells comes with low wattage power supplies so im not really sure im using couple of evga gold 750 watts for my cards
    Reply to Maitham
  2. Thank you for answering but dell have 875 watt
    I want to add another gpu but now i am afraid
    On msi afterburner the watt consumption shows 90 watt

And another question
    I use converter to convert 6 pin to 8 pin
    Is that okay?
    Reply to zoza445.mm
  3. Best answer
    The T5400 is a strange beast. The FBDIMM memory draws a lot of power. That and the dual CPUs needed some proprietary MB connectors to make it work. The T7400 PSU with it's harness might be your only upgrade option (MIGHT).
    The Dell PSUs are very multirail. Kind of like 5 separate 12V PSUs totaling 825W 12V. The 6 to 8 adaptor might work fi the rest of that rail isn't doing too much, or if the GPU doesn't need the full 150W there, maybe just 100. The label on the PSU will show how many rails and each one will have it's own color coded wiring so you can see what's driving what. The 2nd CPU on the T7400 will have extra 8 pin CPU cable that won't work for a GPU 8 pin. On a single rail PSU the 6 to 8 adapter is OK the 150W is already there. With Dell I would advise caution. The multirail feature is so one failure won't take down other components.
    Did you have any BIOS issues with that GPU. Almost all the Dells from that era won't display the BIOS screen with an R9-3xx (285)and up GPU. GCN3 is to blame.
    Reply to william p
  4. william p said:
    The T5400 is a strange beast. The FBDIMM memory draws a lot of power. That and the dual CPUs needed some proprietary MB connectors to make it work. The T7400 PSU with it's harness might be your only upgrade option (MIGHT).
    The Dell PSUs are very multirail. Kind of like 5 separate 12V PSUs totaling 825W 12V. The 6 to 8 adaptor might work fi the rest of that rail isn't doing too much, or if the GPU doesn't need the full 150W there, maybe just 100. The label on the PSU will show how many rails and each one will have it's own color coded wiring so you can see what's driving what. The 2nd CPU on the T7400 will have extra 8 pin CPU cable that won't work for a GPU 8 pin. On a single rail PSU the 6 to 8 adapter is OK the 150W is already there. With Dell I would advise caution. The multirail feature is so one failure won't take down other components.
    Did you have any BIOS issues with that GPU. Almost all the Dells from that era won't display the BIOS screen with an R9-3xx (285)and up GPU. GCN3 is to blame.
    Reply to zoza445.mm
  5. actually i am not expertise in that but there is no any problem in bios
    and also thanks for your answer
    Reply to zoza445.mm
  6. Thank you for the reply on the BIOS issue. The single CPU T3400 definitely has it. Maybe AMD fixed it in their newest cards.
    Reply to william p
  7. william p said:
    Thank you for the reply on the BIOS issue. The single CPU T3400 definitely has it. Maybe AMD fixed it in their newest cards.

at first i find it hard to verify it and by luck it verfied when i installed the latest driver it still showed me error 43 but when i installed msi after burner it installed by default i think direct x and the error disappeared :)
    Reply to zoza445.mm
  8. Well maybe MSI decided to do something about it. Neither EVGA or AMD were any help at all when I discovered the problem when the R9-285 first came out. Dell finally posted the issue in their forum, but of course to them it's just another reason to buy a new computer. It's just an uncommon Video resolution that Dell uses. it doesn't seem like it would be too hard to fix. But yes error 43 is the one. I'd love to run my 2x R9-285s in the T3400. Again thanks for answering my question in your thread. I appreciate it very much.
    Reply to william p
  9. You welcome
    Glad Really with this site and people inside it
    Reply to zoza445.mm
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Power Supplies Dell Temperature