Solved

Ryzen 3 1200 Overclock not working.

When I Overclock my Ryzen chip in the BIOS to 3.8GHz at 1.2875 Voltage and start up my PC, in CPU-Z the core is shown as 2.8 GHZ and also it is shown the same in Task Manager but the max speed is shown as 3.8GHz.
When put under a stress test the speed also doesn't go above 2.8Ghz.
If anyone has the same issue or has resolved it please contact me.
Reply to Frostalz
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about ryzen 1200 overclock working
  1. I had the same issue with the r5 1600. I can't remember if it was at that frequency or not. Try bumping it up another 25 MHz.
    Reply to jtabb1256
  2. jtabb1256 said:
    I had the same issue with the r5 1600. I can't remember if it was at that frequency or not. Try bumping it up another 25 MHz.


    I can only go up in 50MHz increments on my Asrock AB350-HDV Motherboard and even if I did so, still its at 2.8GHz. While if I overclock with Ryzen Master it works but its not permenant and I have to apply my overclock every boot up.
    Reply to Frostalz
  3. Best answer
    I had that exact issue and remember what I had to do now.

    For some reason, the traditional overclocking method didn't work. I had to use the "offset mode" in the UEFI to overclock it.

    Try it this way and let me know what happens.
    Reply to jtabb1256
  4. jtabb1256 said:
    I had that exact issue and remember what I had to do now.

    For some reason, the traditional overclocking method didn't work. I had to use the "offset mode" in the UEFI to overclock it.

    Try it this way and let me know what happens.


    Could you elaborate on how to use this offset mode and I will try it tommorow morning if you can reply within that time.
    Reply to Frostalz
  5. ohiou_grad_2006 said:


    I have done this method and put the Pstate0 at 3.8GHz and Pstate1 at 3.8GHz now my PC is at 3.79 GHz in CPU-Z, Task Manager etc. The 3.79 is triggering my OCD but I guess I will manage. Thanks a lot!
    Reply to Frostalz
  6. Nice! Glad we could help. Sorry I didn't remember earlier.
    Reply to jtabb1256
  7. Glad it worked out. I may have to ask you for advice. I've got the ASRock AB350m Pro 4 myself, so hopefully I can get that good of results.
    Reply to ohiou_grad_2006
  8. ohiou_grad_2006 said:
    Glad it worked out. I may have to ask you for advice. I've got the ASRock AB350m Pro 4 myself, so hopefully I can get that good of results.


    When you get into the offset menu just use the Pstate0 and Pstate1 set them both to 3.8GHz at 2.256750 V. I just messed around with the settings of the 3 different values you can set, and the information from the site provided above and got my CPU to run at 3.8 GHz constant.
    Reply to Frostalz
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Overclocking BIOS Chip CPUs