Solved

Power Supply EVGA 1000GQ or Super Flower Leadex 850 Platinum

Hi, I'm looking for new Power Supply. I'm not gamer. But I want to make sure that my power supply is great for the future.

This is my computer:
-Intel i5 4460
- ECS Motherboard
- 4 drive 8TB
- 2x 4GB RAM
- VGA GTX1070 iGame X-Top
- 1DVD ROM


I need recomendation, is it better if I take EVGA 1000gq 80+ Gold Or Super Flower Leadex 850 Platinum with Lower Watt but better 80+ certification?

Thankyou.
Reply to mukhlissaputro
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about power supply evga 1000gq super flower leadex 850 platinum
  1. Best answer
    With only one GTX 1070 in your system and no OC ability on your CPU then you don't need 850W of 1kW PSU. You'll do just fine with good 500W range PSU.

    But if you want to have a solid PSU then i suggest you buy Seasonic PRIME 650 80+ Titanium PSU since it's the best 650W PSU money can buy at current date.

    With Seasonic PRIME 80+ Titanium series, you'll get the highest efficiency (94%), tightest voltage regulation (0.5%), longest hold-up time (30ms), lowest ripple noise (20mV) and longest warranty (12 years) there is. Fully modular cables and toggle-able Premium Hybrid fan control too.
    specs: https://seasonic.com/product/prime-650-w-titanium/
    review: http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=493
    pcpp: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/nn648d/seasonic-prime-650w-80-titanium-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-ssr-650td

    My Skylake build is also powered by PRIME 650 80+ Titanium PSU (full specs with pics in my sig).
    Oh, all semi- and fully-modular Seasonic PSUs are also compatible with CableMod SE-series custom sleeved power cables. To match my Skylake's black & red theme and Haswell's black & blue theme, i have replaced the stock black power cables with CableMod SE-series custom sleeved power cables (red colored for Skylake and blue colored for Haswell).
    cablemod: https://cablemod.com/products/?filter_series=se-series
    Reply to Aeacus
  2. So do you think 650watt can Power Up 4 x 8TB Drive and VGA ?
    Reply to mukhlissaputro
  3. GTX 1070 is 150W GPU, add the rest of the system to it at about 200W (usually less) and total you're looking at would be 350W. Peak power during 8TB HDD read/write is about 6.5W. With 4 drives, it adds 26W to the total system consumption and at most, you're looking 375W of peak power of your system.

    As i said above, even 500W range good build quality PSU is enough for such a system. But just to ease your mind, i suggested 650W PSU for your system.

    With Seasonic PRIME 650 80+ Titanium PSU, you can even go as far as running 2x GTX 1070 in a 2-way SLI in your system if you like. But then you need to be careful with GPU/CPU OC so that you won't push your PSU way too hard. For GTX 1070 2-way SLI setup, 750W PSU is suggested. Unless you know exactly how much your system consumes so that you're safe using 650W unit.
    Reply to Aeacus
  4. Hoooo,, OK :)

    Thankyou Aeacus. I thonk I will get Seasonic 650W Titanium.
    Reply to mukhlissaputro
  5. Well superflower makes the Malin components for EVGA but EVGA makes modifcations to improve performance and Seasonic are really good making PSUs but if we are talking 150 $ range nothing comes close to EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W platinum or titanium rated EVGA PSU´s is unmatched in performance its not fair to compare the GQ series PSU´s with Seasonic premium models but P2 or T2 series from EVGA is probably best PSUs on the market and it comes with a 10 year warranty defently my recommendation 96 to 98 % accurate power supply across the board its about 150 $
    Reply to Splas0rr
  6. Splas0rr said:
    Well superflower makes the Malin components for EVGA but EVGA makes modifcations to improve performance and Seasonic are really good making PSUs but if we are talking 150 $ range nothing comes close to EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W platinum or titanium rated EVGA PSU´s is unmatched in performance its not fair to compare the GQ series PSU´s with Seasonic premium models but P2 or T2 series from EVGA is probably best PSUs on the market and it comes with a 10 year warranty defently my recommendation 96 to 98 % accurate power supply across the board its about 150 $

    I didn't compare Seasonic PRIME series to the EVGA GQ series. I just suggested a great PSU to go with. You sound like an EVGA fanboy by stating such a thing.

    Still, let's see how EVGA 750W P2 PSU stands up against PRIME 650 80+ Titanium and if it really is better as you say it is.

    Since EVGA 750 T2 does cost more than $150, i won't include it to this comparison,
    pcpp: https://pcpartpicker.com/products/compare/jBZ2FT,9wcMnQ,nn648d/

    Highest efficiency (higher is better)
    Seasonic PRIME 650 80+ Titanium: 94.16%
    EVGA Supernova 750 P2: 91.45%

    Average voltage regulation (lower is better)
    Seasonic PRIME 650 80+ Titanium: 0.04%
    EVGA Supernova 750 P2: 1.6%

    Ripple noise on full load (lower is better)
    Seasonic PRIME 650 80+ Titanium: 6.2mV - 12.2mV
    EVGA Supernova 750 P2: 9mV - 17.2mV

    Hold-up time (higher is better)
    Seasonic PRIME 650 80+ Titanium: 35.3ms
    EVGA Supernova 750 P2: 22.1ms

    Fan noise at full load (lower is better)
    Seasonic PRIME 650 80+ Titanium: 28.3 dB(A)
    EVGA Supernova 750 P2: 46.3 dB(A)

    Warranty length (longer is better)
    Seasonic PRIME 650 80+ Titanium: 12 years
    EVGA Supernova 750 P2: 10 years

    Sources used:
    Seasonic PRIME 650 80+ Titanium,
    JonnyGuru: http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=493
    Tom's Hardware: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/seasonic-prime-titanium-650w-psu,4690.html
    EVGA Supernova 750 P2,
    PCPerspective: https://www.pcper.com/reviews/Cases-and-Cooling/EVGA-SuperNOVA-650W-and-750W-Platinum-Power-Supply-Review
    Tom's Hardware: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/evga-supernova-750-p2-platinum-psu,4566.html

    While both PSUs are great units, Seasonic unit is a bit better. For an average consumer, the ripple noise, hold-up time and voltage regulation usually doesn't matter. What matters is the noise output and warranty length. And for some, efficiency too.
    Reply to Aeacus
  7. Aeacus said:
    Splas0rr said:
    Well superflower makes the Malin components for EVGA but EVGA makes modifcations to improve performance and Seasonic are really good making PSUs but if we are talking 150 $ range nothing comes close to EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W platinum or titanium rated EVGA PSU´s is unmatched in performance its not fair to compare the GQ series PSU´s with Seasonic premium models but P2 or T2 series from EVGA is probably best PSUs on the market and it comes with a 10 year warranty defently my recommendation 96 to 98 % accurate power supply across the board its about 150 $

    I didn't compare Seasonic PRIME series to the EVGA GQ series. I just suggested a great PSU to go with. You sound like an EVGA fanboy by stating such a thing.

    Still, let's see how EVGA 750W P2 PSU stands up against PRIME 650 80+ Titanium and if it really is better as you say it is.

    Since EVGA 750 T2 does cost more than $150, i won't include it to this comparison,
    pcpp: https://pcpartpicker.com/products/compare/jBZ2FT,9wcMnQ,nn648d/

    Highest efficiency (higher is better)
    Seasonic PRIME 650 80+ Titanium: 94.16%
    EVGA Supernova 750 P2: 91.45%

    Average voltage regulation (lower is better)
    Seasonic PRIME 650 80+ Titanium: 0.04%
    EVGA Supernova 750 P2: 1.6%

    Ripple noise on full load (lower is better)
    Seasonic PRIME 650 80+ Titanium: 6.2mV - 12.2mV
    EVGA Supernova 750 P2: 9mV - 17.2mV

    Hold-up time (higher is better)
    Seasonic PRIME 650 80+ Titanium: 35.3ms
    EVGA Supernova 750 P2: 22.1ms

    Fan noise at full load (lower is better)
    Seasonic PRIME 650 80+ Titanium: 28.3 dB(A)
    EVGA Supernova 750 P2: 46.3 dB(A)

    Warranty length (longer is better)
    Seasonic PRIME 650 80+ Titanium: 12 years
    EVGA Supernova 750 P2: 10 years

    Sources used:
    Seasonic PRIME 650 80+ Titanium,
    JonnyGuru: http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=493
    Tom's Hardware: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/seasonic-prime-titanium-650w-psu,4690.html
    EVGA Supernova 750 P2,
    PCPerspective: https://www.pcper.com/reviews/Cases-and-Cooling/EVGA-SuperNOVA-650W-and-750W-Platinum-Power-Supply-Review
    Tom's Hardware: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/evga-supernova-750-p2-platinum-psu,4566.html

    While both PSUs are great units, Seasonic unit is a bit better. For an average consumer, the ripple noise, hold-up time and voltage regulation usually doesn't matter. What matters is the noise output and warranty length. And for some, efficiency too.
    Reply to Splas0rr
  8. Fanboy no i cant afford to be one if its better I don’t care of any brand but I’ll digg up some reviews claiming EVGA has different values its based on personal experiences for me mostly and 12 years warranty from Seasonic must have been issued reacently ? From what iknow they recently upped to 10 years or 7 And ofc Seasonic has to counter with their own advantages took them 2 3 years though but I’ll post some other reviews for you soon with another test scores since there are other reviews more comprehensive and calling ppl fanboys left or right is pretty narrowminded and assumes that there are no facts behind posts on the forums i would personally make sure 90% of ur facts are correct .
    Reply to Splas0rr
  9. Splas0rr said:
    Fanboy no i cant afford to be one if its better I don’t care of any brand but I’ll digg up some reviews claiming EVGA has different values its based on personal experiences for me mostly and 12 years warranty from Seasonic must have been issued reacently ? From what iknow they recently upped to 10 years or 7 And ofc Seasonic has to counter with their own advantages took them 2 3 years though but I’ll post some other reviews for you soon with another test scores since there are other reviews more comprehensive and calling ppl fanboys left or right is pretty narrowminded and assumes that there are no facts behind posts on the forums i would personally make sure 90% of ur facts are correct .

    I didn't say that you are a fanboy, i said that you sounded like one when you said that it's not fair for me to compare EVGA GQ series to Seasonic PRIME series, which in fact didn't happen.

    I get that you like EVGA and want the 750W P2 and T2 units to be the best but sadly, there are better PSUs out there, Seasonic PRIME series being one of them.
    Reply to Aeacus
  10. Aeacus said:
    Splas0rr said:
    Fanboy no i cant afford to be one if its better I don’t care of any brand but I’ll digg up some reviews claiming EVGA has different values its based on personal experiences for me mostly and 12 years warranty from Seasonic must have been issued reacently ? From what iknow they recently upped to 10 years or 7 And ofc Seasonic has to counter with their own advantages took them 2 3 years though but I’ll post some other reviews for you soon with another test scores since there are other reviews more comprehensive and calling ppl fanboys left or right is pretty narrowminded and assumes that there are no facts behind posts on the forums i would personally make sure 90% of ur facts are correct .

    I didn't say that you are a fanboy, i said that you sounded like one when you said that it's not fair for me to compare EVGA GQ series to Seasonic PRIME series, which in fact didn't happen.

    I get that you like EVGA and want the 750W P2 and T2 units to be the best but sadly, there are better PSUs out there, Seasonic PRIME series being one of them.
    Reply to Splas0rr
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Power Supplies Super Flower