My pc stopped booting after XMP (not even in bios)

Greetings everyone, I bought a GSkill TridentZ RGB 2x8gb 3200 MHZ RAM for my rig but I noticed they weren't working at full speed. I entered bios and activated XMP profile 1 then saved changes and exit. After that my computer rebooted but didn't shown video. I checked my rig to notice that cpu fan, case fans and RAM leds are working normally but MotherBoard leds aren't glowing, it just shows a red led (The instructions manual says thats a problem with the CPU).

So far I tried removing the battery for like 1 hour (computer unplugged) to reset cmos and nothing happen. When I try to turn my computer it doesn't shows nothing, not even the beeping sound that sounds when I normally turn on the computer, it doens't turn off or anything, also the motherboard rgb leds doesn't blink.

Did I damaged my CPU after xmp?

Specs:
Motherboard: Gigabyte AX-370 Gaming K5
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (Not overclocked)
RAM: GSkill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200 Mhz
Video: Nvidia GTX 1050 TI 4 GB
Reply to blake7020
8 answers Last reply
More about stopped booting xmp bios
  1. Is it DDR3 or DDR4 because XMP profile option is for DDR3 memory modules. I checked on g skill website and the RAM you mentioned is not available in DDR3 version.

    https://www.gskill.com/en/finder?cat=31&prop_3=3200MHz&prop_4=0&prop_1=0&series=2482&prop_2=16GB+%288GBx2%29&prop_6=Dual+Channel+Kit&p=2

    For XMP support in DDR3 RAM see below

    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_presence_detect?wprov=sfla1


    So in my opinion you should somehow get into bios and disable the xmp profile setting, you can enter bios using a different RAM.
    Reply to Muzzammil22
  2. Muzzammil22 said:
    Is it DDR3 or DDR4 because XMP profile option is for DDR3 memory modules. I checked on g skill website and the RAM you mentioned is not available in DDR3 version.

    https://www.gskill.com/en/finder?cat=31&prop_3=3200MHz&prop_4=0&prop_1=0&series=2482&prop_2=16GB+%288GBx2%29&prop_6=Dual+Channel+Kit&p=2

    For XMP support in DDR3 RAM see below

    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_presence_detect?wprov=sfla1


    So in my opinion you should somehow get into bios and disable the xmp profile setting, you can enter bios using a different RAM.


    It's a DDR4 RAM Memory, thing is that I will need to buy another ram to check that out. I'll do it if I don't find another solution first :(
    Reply to blake7020
  3. have you tried all steps of entering into BIOS while pc startup?

    Try pressing all possible keys to go into bios
    Reply to Muzzammil22
  4. Your motherboard also has Dual BIOS. One BIOS that you're currently using, and a backup BIOS. Read up on how to switch to the other BIOS so that you can boot and correct your settings. Not sure about XMP being for DDR3 only as the board claims it's made for DDR4..read up on that too. I am running my DDR4 RAM in XMP on my MSI motherboard.
    Reply to dudio
  5. Muzzammil22 said:
    have you tried all steps of entering into BIOS while pc startup?

    Try pressing all possible keys to go into bios


    Never thought of that, I'll try it after work, thank you :)
    Reply to blake7020
  6. dudio said:
    Your motherboard also has Dual BIOS. One BIOS that you're currently using, and a backup BIOS. Read up on how to switch to the other BIOS so that you can boot and correct your settings. Not sure about XMP being for DDR3 only as the board claims it's made for DDR4..read up on that too.


    I searched on the internet and people said that I have to hold power and reset buttons for like 10 secs then turn on the computer again and it'll switch to backup bios. I did that but nothing happened :/
    I'll keep looking for solutions to that too, thank you :)
    Reply to blake7020
  7. Dudio is correct you can use XMP feature with DDR4 memory but it has to be supported by AMD's Ryzen cpu

    Since you're using Ryzen cpu you should check for Memory Support List for Ryzen cpu from link below by downloading the pdf file

    See this link

    and here is what I found in the pdf file


    http://imgur.com/a/pNVFt
    Reply to Muzzammil22
  8. (I tried to post this yesterday but it seems that It didn't posted)

    Update: I tried pressing all the possible BIOS keys, resetting cmos using jumper and battery and switching to backup BIOS pressing reset and power button for 10 secs and still no response.

    I wonder if my CPU is damaged or something :/
    Reply to blake7020
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Overclocking Trident leds RYZEN TRIDENTZ Computers AMD Gigabyte BIOS rgb RAM Motherboards GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY G.SKILL XMP not working