Solved

4670k overclock first timer

I want to know if my CPU is overclocked or if it's turbo mode, in task manager it says max speed 3.40ghz but my cpu is already at 4.29ghz on idle and it's showing that in cpuz, also I would like to know what is the safe overclock for the 4670k with the coolermaster hyper evo 212

Reply to Kane_9
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 4670k overclock timer
  1. I dont see any problems... Check task manager again... Make sure to have selected High performance mode in power settings in windows.
    Reply to Sohom
  2. Sohom said:
    I dont see any problems... Check task manager again... Make sure to have selected High performance mode in power settings in windows.


    Yep task manager shows it's at 4.29ghz constant when it shows "max speed 3.40ghz"

    I am using a gigabyte z97 sli mobo
    Reply to Kane_9
  3. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, you mean max speed on the side... lol :P ... that will always show the stock max clock of your processor... dont worry about that....
    Reply to Sohom
  4. Sohom said:
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, you mean max speed on the side... lol :P ... that will always show the stock max clock of your processor... dont worry about that....


    yeah sorry for about that :P

    So I am alright I can start stressing it with prime95 now? What are things to watch for besides high temp getting to high around 80c- 85c
    Reply to Kane_9
  5. Best answer
    Kane_9 said:
    Sohom said:
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, you mean max speed on the side... lol :P ... that will always show the stock max clock of your processor... dont worry about that....


    yeah sorry for about that :P

    So I am alright I can start stressing it with prime95 now? What are things to watch for besides high temp getting to high around 80c- 85c


    Keep HWINFO running in the background and always keep on checking the temps and never allow it to go too high. And also keep an eye out for any error or crashes on prime95. I would advice you to turn off AVX2 while stress testing on prime95 because that may sometimes give unrealistically high temps.
    If the temps keep within 80C on load, then you are good to go; maybe a buffer of around 3-5 degrees celcius .
    Reply to Sohom
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Overclocking Speed Boost CPUs Task Manager