Solved

Upgrading my computer and need help

I'm thinking of putting a gt 1030 or gtx 1050ti in my
pc my specs are core i52400 pci-e 2 gen and 250watt 4gb ddr3 ram if i make that upgrade will i be able to play gta on low settings?
Reply to xxcrazyjensxx
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about upgrading computer
  1. The GTX 1050 Ti is a lot faster than the GT 1030, it will game on low to medium settings no problem.
    http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1050-Ti-vs-Nvidia-GT-1030/3649vsm283726

    Little worried about the "250watt" statement, if this is the size of your PSU then power consumption likely will become a major concern. As well, with a 250W PSU I wonder what how much space the computer has inside and will GPU size compatibility be an issue.
    Reply to imsqam
  2. imsqam i only have 232GB but if you think it needs to be upgraded no problem. my limit is around 300$ so i think im going to get a seagate 1 or 2 TB if i have spare but what power supply do you think i need? and what brand should i take?
    Reply to xxcrazyjensxx
  3. imsqam said:
    The GTX 1050 Ti is a lot faster than the GT 1030, it will game on low to medium settings no problem.
    http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1050-Ti-vs-Nvidia-GT-1030/3649vsm283726

    Little worried about the "250watt" statement, if this is the size of your PSU then power consumption likely will become a major concern. As well, with a 250W PSU I wonder what how much space the computer has inside and will GPU size compatibility be an issue.


    imsqam i only have 232GB but if you think it needs to be upgraded no problem. my limit is around 300$ so i think im going to get a seagate 1 or 2 TB if i have spare but what power supply do you think i need? and what brand should i take?
    Reply to xxcrazyjensxx
  4. What is 232GB? You are not being clear as to what you have or what you need.
    Reply to imsqam
  5. imsqam said:
    What is 232GB? You are not being clear as to what you have or what you need.


    I have 232GB HDD but do you think i need to upgrade that to? if yes how much power would i need for 2TB and the 1050ti
    Reply to xxcrazyjensxx
  6. Best answer
    The 1050 Ti is a 75W GPU and your CPU is a 95W, they are the main consumers of power in a system. A 350W will do although more won't hurt.

    Not sure what country you are buying in, it makes a difference to price and availability. Here is a suggested build.

    PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xgBhHN
    Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xgBhHN/by_merchant/

    Storage: Seagate - BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($44.38 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB ACX 2.0 Video Card ($144.88 @ OutletPC)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic - S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($39.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Total: $229.25
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-08-14 15:51 EDT-0400
    Reply to imsqam
  7. imsqam said:
    The 1050 Ti is a 75W GPU and your CPU is a 95W, they are the main consumers of power in a system. A 350W will do although more won't hurt.

    Not sure what country you are buying in, it makes a difference to price and availability. Here is a suggested build.

    PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xgBhHN
    Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xgBhHN/by_merchant/

    Storage: Seagate - BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($44.38 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB ACX 2.0 Video Card ($144.88 @ OutletPC)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic - S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($39.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Total: $229.25
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-08-14 15:51 EDT-0400

    Ty for helping this would be the parts i buy. I appreciate it.
    Reply to xxcrazyjensxx
  8. You are most welcome
    Reply to imsqam
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Computers PCI Express