8350 Always crashing prime95 but passing AIDA64?

Hi I recently overclocked my 8350 to 4.4 on around 1.4/1.45v and every time I run prime95 blend tests it will always crash and just freeze however when I run aida64 (only stressing cpu) it passes? please can anyone help me as I'm having severe bottlenecks with my 1060
SPECS
GPU 1060 6GB WINDFORCE
CPU FX 8350
RAM TEAM ELITE 1600MHZ 8GB
MOTHERBOARD MSI 970 KRAIT EDITION
Kind Regards
Tyler
Reply to Tyler Paul_1
6 answers Last reply
More about 8350 crashing prime95 passing aida64
  1. Your overclock may be too high. Just because it passes one test does not mean that it is stable for everything. For example, when overclocking a GPU, you want to try many different games and benchmarks, because the overclock may be stable for some games, but crash in others.
    Reply to Hardware Brad
  2. Sure in can help you but you wont like the help... time to get a new system because that chip doesnt have the power to fully run a 1060 right...
    Reply to rontonomo
  3. rontonomo said:
    Sure in can help you but you wont like the help... time to get a new system because that chip doesnt have the power to fully run a 1060 right...

Yes I was thinking of upgrading around Christmas however at this moment I just don't have the money would an upgrade to an ryzen 5 1600 do the 1060 justice?
    Reply to Tyler Paul_1
  4. Hardware Brad said:
    Your overclock may be too high. Just because it passes one test does not mean that it is stable for everything. For example, when overclocking a GPU, you want to try many different games and benchmarks, because the overclock may be stable for some games, but crash in others.

Hi it passed the intel burn test aswell but just not prime95 that's the issue.
    Reply to Tyler Paul_1
  5. Tyler Paul_1 said:
    rontonomo said:
    Sure in can help you but you wont like the help... time to get a new system because that chip doesnt have the power to fully run a 1060 right...

Yes I was thinking of upgrading around Christmas however at this moment I just don't have the money would an upgrade to an ryzen 5 1600 do the 1060 justice?

Ryzen 5 1600 is a great pair with the gtx 1060.
    Reply to Hardware Brad
  6. Hardware Brad said:
    Tyler Paul_1 said:
    rontonomo said:

Ryzen 5 1600 is a great pair with the gtx 1060.

Its just I don't feel like forking out nearly £300 on my build is there anything else which would cost less money but still do it justice?
    Reply to Tyler Paul_1
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Overclocking CPUs