Solved

noctua nh-d14 cpu cooler or Corsair h115i

I would prefer a cooler that keeps my cpu at low temps under high load, and that lasts a long time. For example, (if possible) Battlefield running high - mid graphics at maybe 60 degrees celsius?
Reply to musicstudio212
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about noctua d14 cpu cooler corsair h115i
  1. I have a i7 6700 and I've had bad experiences with air coolers (intel stock cooler) so i have trust issues with them.
    Ive been rocking the Corsair h100i v2 for about 2-3 months, but it clogged recently. (what are also the chances of a watercolor clogging?)
    Reply to musicstudio212
  2. The H115i will give you a bit lower temperatures, the NH-D14 will be quieter.

    The Intel stock cooler is not comparable with the NH-D14 at all. There's an absolutely HUGE difference.

    As for clogging, any cooler will get clogged with dust over time, so you'll always want to be periodically removing dust. If you mean the water tubes getting clogged, that doesn't happen with an all-in-one kit like the H115i.
    Reply to Sakkura
  3. Sakkura said:
    The H115i will give you a bit lower temperatures, the NH-D14 will be quieter.

    The Intel stock cooler is not comparable with the NH-D14 at all. There's an absolutely HUGE difference.

    As for clogging, any cooler will get clogged with dust over time, so you'll always want to be periodically removing dust. If you mean the water tubes getting clogged, that doesn't happen with an all-in-one kit like the H115i.


    what about temps?
    Say i was running battlefield 1 with highest graphics, what would be the temps for both the NH and h115i? (if you dont have an answer, an estimate or a similar game for example GTA5 would be greatly appreciated)
    Reply to musicstudio212
  4. Hard to say exactly, but with ambient temperatures around 20C, you'd probably be around the high 50s with the NH-D14 at full CPU load, and the H115i a few degrees lower. Either way, temperatures should be very well under control.

    Games won't always put the CPU under full load, so when there's less load on it the temperatures would be even lower.
    Reply to Sakkura
  5. Sakkura said:
    Hard to say exactly, but with ambient temperatures around 20C, you'd probably be around the high 50s with the NH-D14 at full CPU load, and the H115i a few degrees lower. Either way, temperatures should be very well under control.

    Games won't always put the CPU under full load, so when there's less load on it the temperatures would be even lower.


    and with your experiences, which would you prefer? (Sorry i did not mention earlier, but i also edit videos, but not high effect montages)

    And all in the end, i really just want my cpu to last as long as possible.

    thanks!
    Reply to musicstudio212
  6. Best answer
    I would prefer the NH-D14, since it's cheaper and a bit quieter. Some people prefer the looks of liquid coolers like the H115i though, and it's still a very good cooler.
    Reply to Sakkura
  7. Sakkura said:
    I would prefer the NH-D14, since it's cheaper and a bit quieter. Some people prefer the looks of liquid coolers like the H115i though, and it's still a very good cooler.


    I'm sorry, just one more question:

    for the noctua cooler, does the temperature inside the PC matter? Since the cpu is 150 some degrees (fereinheight)
    will it still keep the processor cool? Im not exactly sure what temperature the whole pc is inside, i just know that the graphics card gets about 60 degrees celsius.

    I have 1 input and 1 output fan, but i may be getting a Y splitter to have two input or output fans.
    Reply to musicstudio212
  8. musicstudio212 said:
    Sakkura said:
    I would prefer the NH-D14, since it's cheaper and a bit quieter. Some people prefer the looks of liquid coolers like the H115i though, and it's still a very good cooler.


    I'm sorry, just one more question:

    for the noctua cooler, does the temperature inside the PC matter? Since the cpu is 150 some degrees (fereinheight)
    will it still keep the processor cool? Im not exactly sure what temperature the whole pc is inside, i just know that the graphics card gets about 60 degrees celsius.

    I have 1 input and 1 output fan, but i may be getting a Y splitter to have two input or output fans.


    Yes, but in a decent case the temperature will be pretty close to ambient.
    Reply to Sakkura
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Overclocking Cooling CPUs Corsair