Ram stuck at 2133mhz Ryzen Asus B350-f

Ryzen 7
(2x8) 16gb of Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000mhz CMK16GX4M2B3000C15
Asus B350-f strix motherboard

My new Ryzen system has been working wonderfully however I've had some trouble with my ram. If I attempt to clock my ram to anything above 2133mhz it fails to boot. I checked the ram support for my board and it is supported according to asus. I also went ahead and updated the bios as Ryzen is fairly new. When attempting to raise the clock speed I simply left everything on auto so perhaps I missed something there as I'm not super familiar with overclocking ram(If you'd even call it that). Appreciate the help, thanks.
Reply to MunchyHam
17 answers Last reply
More about ram stuck 2133mhz ryzen asus b350
  1. I have heard about an issue with the ASUS bios that it is failing to support high RAM frequencies. If your RAM is stock clocked at 3000MHZ, it should work on default to that speed. If you can provide some details of the stats on your memory tab on the BIOS, that would help. Also how many DIMM slots are there on your motherboard.Thanks and good luck!
    Reply to CameronWright
  2. I have 4 DIMM slots and I checked the manual to make sure I'd put them in correctly. I went ahead and loosened up the timing from the previous ones posted by ASUS and it allowed me to boot with 3000mhz. Everything seems to be working alright but I'll probably stress test it to make sure.
    Reply to MunchyHam
  3. MunchyHam said:
    I have 4 DIMM slots and I checked the manual to make sure I'd put them in correctly. I went ahead and loosened up the timing from the previous ones posted by ASUS and it allowed me to boot with 3000mhz. Everything seems to be working alright but I'll probably stress test it to make sure.


    If i may ask, what timings did you use? I have the same board + ram setup and can't get above 2800MHz no matter what the voltage is.
    Reply to Havardox
  4. Can both of you PM me the specs on the side of the modules? I'll need the part number, Lot/Serial number, and version number.
    Reply to Corsair Nick
  5. I also need help to get my ram working from 2133mhz to 3000mhz. What to do? If I overclock it fails
    Reply to mika.lukkarinen89
  6. @mika.lukkarinen89 Make sure you've performed the latest non-BETA BIOS update for your motherboard as this will impact compatibility for a lot of kits. If it sill has issues, please PM me your motherboard and CPU models, RAM part number, Lot/Serial number, and version number that is on the side of the individual modules.
    Reply to Corsair Nick
  7. MunchyHam said:
    I have 4 DIMM slots and I checked the manual to make sure I'd put them in correctly. I went ahead and loosened up the timing from the previous ones posted by ASUS and it allowed me to boot with 3000mhz. Everything seems to be working alright but I'll probably stress test it to make sure.


    What exactly did you do and with what setup?
    Reply to mika.lukkarinen89
  8. CameronWright said:
    I have heard about an issue with the ASUS bios that it is failing to support high RAM frequencies. If your RAM is stock clocked at 3000MHZ, it should work on default to that speed. If you can provide some details of the stats on your memory tab on the BIOS, that would help. Also how many DIMM slots are there on your motherboard.Thanks and good luck!


    I have 4 slots and in every slot I have 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX Black, DDR4 3000MHz, 1.35V, CL15.
    Reply to mika.lukkarinen89
  9. Corsair Nick said:
    @mika.lukkarinen89 Make sure you've performed the latest non-BETA BIOS update for your motherboard as this will impact compatibility for a lot of kits. If it sill has issues, please PM me your motherboard and CPU models, RAM part number, Lot/Serial number, and version number that is on the side of the individual modules.


    I have latest bios from Asus website. My motherboard is Asus ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING, CPU is AMD Ryzen 7 1800X and RAM is Corsair 32GB (4x8GB) Vengeance LPX Black, DDR4 3000MHz, 1.35V, CL15 Latenssi: 15-17-17-35
    Format: UDIMM
    Pin Out: 288 Pin

    I have pictures of my bios but this site only allows to use pictures from the web?
    Reply to mika.lukkarinen89
  10. Corsair Nick said:
    Can both of you PM me the specs on the side of the modules? I'll need the part number, Lot/Serial number, and version number.


    Corsair Nick said:
    @mika.lukkarinen89 Make sure you've performed the latest non-BETA BIOS update for your motherboard as this will impact compatibility for a lot of kits. If it sill has issues, please PM me your motherboard and CPU models, RAM part number, Lot/Serial number, and version number that is on the side of the individual modules.


    I cant seem to PM you, but Ive been having the same problem and have now bought 2666 Vengence RGB and 3000 RGB and it still clocks at 2133 :(

    Motherboard:
    ASUS ROG STRIX B350-F
    BIOS 0811 x64
    Build Date 08/25/2017

    2666 RAM:
    CMR16GX4M2A2666C16
    DDR4 16GB(2X8GB) 2666 MHz 16-18-18-35 1.20V ver5.3
    172900632203698

    3000 RAM:
    CMR16GX4M2C3000C15
    DDR4 16GB(2X8GB) 3000 MHz 15-17-17-35 1.35V ver3.32
    173400028629783

    I cant get the timing or the RGB effects to work via Aura, and Im super bummed. Ive always been super loyal to Corsair RAM and Asus Mobos, but this is crazy :(
    Reply to zmccarty91
  11. Has anyone had any luck with getting the memory to there stated speed, I have the b350 f gaming, ryzen 7 1700, 16gb dominator platinum 2666mhz. When I first got my build up and running I managed to get the stated 2666mhz frequency but as soon as I updated the bios to 0809 I couldn't get passed 2400mhz I've since updated to 0902 but still no luck
    Reply to spudss13
  12. Never mind I still can't get to 2666mhz instead I overclocked the memory to 2800mhz
    Reply to spudss13
  13. Corsair Nick said:
    Can both of you PM me the specs on the side of the modules? I'll need the part number, Lot/Serial number, and version number.


    Hi Corsair Nick. I have the same problem.

    Same mother board, AMD Ryzen 5 1600x, and g.skill ripjaws 4 3000mhz cas15 (F4-3000C15D-16GRBB)

    Here's a screenshot of what I have. https://imgur.com/a/SgCSR

    I tried manually changing the frequency in increments but anything above 2133 just POST crashes. I even tried the DOCP option in EZ Mode.
    Reply to irtehtree
  14. Same here.
    AMD RYZEN 5 1600,
    ASUS ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING,
    Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 PC24000/3000MHz CL15 2x8GB,
    BIOS:0902

    Two weeks i was stuck 2133mhz. But last night its work 2666mhz but not 2933mhz. I do not know anymore what is the problem. Confusing
    Reply to priest82
  15. irtehtree said:
    Corsair Nick said:
    Can both of you PM me the specs on the side of the modules? I'll need the part number, Lot/Serial number, and version number.


    Hi Corsair Nick. I have the same problem.

    Same mother board, AMD Ryzen 5 1600x, and g.skill ripjaws 4 3000mhz cas15 (F4-3000C15D-16GRBB)

    Here's a screenshot of what I have. https://imgur.com/a/SgCSR

    I tried manually changing the frequency in increments but anything above 2133 just POST crashes. I even tried the DOCP option in EZ Mode.


    Someone figured it out on reddit for me (r/overclocking). My BIOS was already updated when I posted this. I was told to raise my DRAM voltage to 1.4v. It crashed but after bringing it to 1.41v, it started POST'ing fine.
    Reply to irtehtree
  16. MunchyHam said:
    Ryzen 7
    (2x8) 16gb of Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000mhz CMK16GX4M2B3000C15
    Asus B350-f strix motherboard

    My new Ryzen system has been working wonderfully however I've had some trouble with my ram. If I attempt to clock my ram to anything above 2133mhz it fails to boot. I checked the ram support for my board and it is supported according to asus. I also went ahead and updated the bios as Ryzen is fairly new. When attempting to raise the clock speed I simply left everything on auto so perhaps I missed something there as I'm not super familiar with overclocking ram(If you'd even call it that). Appreciate the help, thanks.


    I'm having the same issue here. Bought Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 16Gb DDR4 3000Mhz and I can't get it to clock above 2133 without getting stuck in a post loop and then booting into the bios "safe mode"
    Reply to brickson98
  17. Just change the Ai Overclock Tuner from Auto to D.O.C.P , it worked for me.
    Reply to ciobanumarcel23
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Asus RAM Corsair DDR4