Solved

Wifi Card doesn't fit, slightly, any suggestions?

Okay so I bought a wireless card without properly inspecting how much room was in the case, just because it's the only way I can get a connection in my new house. The PCIe x1 slot isn't available just because of the placements of the GPU and the size of the case, so I resorted to using the PCIe x16 slot. Unfortunately the shape of the card's fitting means it doesn't fit slightly, any suggestions?

http://imgur.com/a/UdvQq

Pictures above, sorry for bad quality, having to use an old phone.
Reply to Elastichedgehog
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about wifi card fit slightly suggestions
  1. Best answer
    with my old build i was able to get an x1 card to fit in a full size PCI-E slot and it worked properly. the only thing i could suggest is get a USB WiFi adapter instead
    Reply to captaincharisma
  2. Move the GPU
    Reply to t53186
  3. t53186 said:
    Move the GPU


    Still wouldn't fit, I thought about that.
    Reply to Elastichedgehog
  4. captaincharisma said:
    with my old build i was able to get an x1 card to fit in a full size PCI-E slot and it worked properly. the only thing i could suggest is get a USB WiFi adapter instead


    I know this sounds like an awful idea, but I'm half tempted just to cut that, please talk me away from this horrible solution. (Shown in image)

    http://imgur.com/a/TWQok
    Reply to Elastichedgehog
  5. Elastichedgehog said:
    captaincharisma said:
    with my old build i was able to get an x1 card to fit in a full size PCI-E slot and it worked properly. the only thing i could suggest is get a USB WiFi adapter instead


    I know this sounds like an awful idea, but I'm half tempted just to cut that, please talk me away from this horrible solution. (Shown in image)

    http://imgur.com/a/TWQok


    dude, just get a USB WiFi adapter. you are just risking damage to your computer by trying to make it fit
    Reply to captaincharisma
  6. captaincharisma said:
    Elastichedgehog said:
    captaincharisma said:
    with my old build i was able to get an x1 card to fit in a full size PCI-E slot and it worked properly. the only thing i could suggest is get a USB WiFi adapter instead


    I know this sounds like an awful idea, but I'm half tempted just to cut that, please talk me away from this horrible solution. (Shown in image)

    http://imgur.com/a/TWQok


    dude, just get a USB WiFi adapter. you are just risking damage to your computer by trying to make it fit



    Yeah I agree I'm half joking, thanks for the help guys!
    Reply to Elastichedgehog
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Cases WiFi Wireless Network