Solved

Water Cooling - Corsair H60 stock radiator fan running at 1500rpm constantly

Hi there,

I have an issue with the h60 stock fans where the fans constantly run at 1500rpm. I'm not sure on how to fix the issue. It is very irritating as the fan is very loud and I can even hear it with headphones on.

My system:
https://gyazo.com/ffcf1033a7226add3d038242e00db2da

Cooler setup:
The radiator fan is in push set up so it is pushing air into the radiator.
The pump in in pwr 1. (3 pin)
The fan is in cpu fan 1. (4 pin)

Speeds:
https://gyazo.com/a8eef786b3f9583e3e50a247e8f2fd01


I've tried various different setups to no success. At this point I'm thinking that I should be looking at a new radiator fan. But I want to see if anyone else has dealt with this problem before or knows of any fixes.


Any help is greatly appreciated.


Thanks!
Reply to Zynza_
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about water cooling corsair h60 stock radiator fan running 1500rpm constantly
  1. Best answer
    you can adjust the cpu fan speed in the bios.
    Reply to superninja12
  2. superninja12 said:
    you can adjust the cpu fan speed in the bios.


    Thanks for the reply,

    I found that my cpu fan setting was set to 'full on' instead of 'automatic'. I changed to to automatic and set the target temp to lowest (45c), However even when the cpu is running at 30c the fan is still running at 1500 rpm.
    Reply to Zynza_
  3. Zynza_ said:
    superninja12 said:
    you can adjust the cpu fan speed in the bios.


    Thanks for the reply,

    I found that my cpu fan setting was set to 'full on' instead of 'automatic'. I changed to to automatic and set the target temp to lowest (45c), However even when the cpu is running at 30c the fan is still running at 1500 rpm.



    did you restart the pc? did you stress the pc?
    Reply to superninja12
  4. Quote:
    did you restart the pc? did you stress the pc?


    I have done both, the stress test I used was prime95 and the cpu fan speed is exactly the same.
    Reply to Zynza_
  5. Zynza_ said:
    Quote:
    did you restart the pc? did you stress the pc?


    I have done both, the stress test I used was prime95 and the cpu fan speed is exactly the same.



    sorry i made you go through all the trouble, its the fan . you cannot adjust it .

    I recommand you a noctua nf f12 pwm

    update the bios , flash it, if you cannot adjust fthe fan speed manual



    new attempt: http://www.asrock.com/feature/octuner/

    you should eb able to adjust your cpu fan speed with this.
    Reply to superninja12
  6. Quote:

    sorry i made you go through all the trouble, its the fan . you cannot adjust it .

    I recommand you a noctua nf f12 pwm



    update the bios , flash it, if you cannot adjust fthe fan speed manual


    Don't worry dude, I've got it working now. I had to change another setting that I missed whilst in the bios. It now runs 10x more quieter. I'm going to play around with the settings a bit more so I can get a suitable noise level and performance level.

    Thanks for your help!
    Reply to Zynza_
  7. Zynza_ said:

    Quote:

    sorry i made you go through all the trouble, its the fan . you cannot adjust it .

    I recommand you a noctua nf f12 pwm



    update the bios , flash it, if you cannot adjust fthe fan speed manual


    Don't worry dude, I've got it working now. I had to change another setting that I missed whilst in the bios. It now runs 10x more quieter. I'm going to play around with the settings a bit more so I can get a suitable noise level and performance level.

    Thanks for your help!


    download the app i last psoted.
    Reply to superninja12
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Water Cooling Fan Corsair