Solved

Gigabyte GA-78-LMT-S2 Mother board and a AMD FX 8370 eight core processor Will it work?

I have just bought this processor and installed it, however it says "Cpu warning!!"
The current system does not support the cpu. If wish to continue, the cup will be under clocked to maintain stability.
Does anyone know how to fix it? or can this processor not work with this mother board? do I need a new mother board? or what. it alsi is 16 MB total Cache black edition, don't know if that makes a difference
Reply to Spencer1232
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about gigabyte lmt mother board amd 8370 core processor work
  1. You will need the new MB for the fx8370, because the cpu has 125W TDP, the MB has very low power phase count ( VRMs. If you install the cpu, you have to disable two or more cores or underclock the cpu.

    By the way, how much do you pay for the fx8370? If you pay too much, you should forget about it, the fx cpu is old one. Don't worth to spend more money on that PC.
    Reply to cin19
  2. I had purchased it for 150$, do you know what , upgraded motherboard I could buy for it?
    Reply to Spencer1232
  3. cin19 said:
    You will need the new MB for the fx8370, because the cpu has 125W TDP, the MB has very low power phase count ( VRMs. If you install the cpu, you have to disable two or more cores or underclock the cpu.

    By the way, how much do you pay for the fx8370? If you pay too much, you should forget about it, the fx cpu is old one. Don't worth to spend more money on that PC.


    I had purchased it for 150$, do you know what , upgraded motherboard I could buy for it?
    Reply to Spencer1232
  4. Best answer
    ASRock 970M Pro3 AM3+/AM3 AMD 970 + AMD SB950 6 x SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX
    https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157582&Tpk=N82E16813157582

    * For cooling the CPU and its surrounding components, please install a CPU cooler with a top-down blowing design
    Reply to Calvin7
  5. Calvin7 said:
    ASRock 970M Pro3 AM3+/AM3 AMD 970 + AMD SB950 6 x SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX
    https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157582&Tpk=N82E16813157582

    * For cooling the CPU and its surrounding components, please install a CPU cooler with a top-down blowing design


    Does graphics card matter in this too? I have a Radeon rx 460
    Reply to Spencer1232
  6. Send the cpu back, if you are buying a new cpu and motherboard you should invest in a modern platform. The FM3+ platform is borderline obsolete.
    Reply to sizzling
  7. sizzling said:
    Send the cpu back, if you are buying a new cpu and motherboard you should invest in a modern platform. The FM3+ platform is borderline obsolete.

    I cannot its from newegg and they don't accept returns
    Reply to Spencer1232
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Motherboards CPUs Gigabyte Processors