Solved

P400s Front fan confusion

Im planning on buying new fans for my Phanteks eclipse p400s. Im stuck on whether a static pressure fan or airflow would be better as the front fans. The front panel doesnt give the case much breathing room and the only way the case can get air from the front is by two tiny holes on the top and bottom covered by dust filters.
Reply to randomname6969
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about p400s front fan confusion
  1. The included fans are quite efficient at pushing air with a good static pressure rating, I wouldn't be worried tbh, buying new fans wouldn't have significant impact, it cools alright as is.
    Reply to Chugalug_
  2. Chugalug_ said:
    The included fans are quite efficient at pushing air with a good static pressure rating, I wouldn't be worried tbh, buying new fans wouldn't have significant impact, it cools alright as is.


    well in my case, my graphics card always overheats and the only way i can fix that is if i put my fans on max and take off the front panel. btw whenever the fans are at full speed, it sounds like a washing machine
    Reply to randomname6969
  3. What GPU do you have?
    Reply to Chugalug_
  4. Chugalug_ said:
    What GPU do you have?


    Gigabyte gtx 970 windforce. Also, even with minor overclocking done to the card and the card not throttling, the driver still crashes very often
    Reply to randomname6969
  5. Best answer
    Hmm, just get these.
    Silent and good static pressure.
    One 140mm at the top exhausting, two 120mm for the front intaking.
    https://pcpartpicker.com/product/4GsKHx/be-quiet-case-fan-bl047
    https://pcpartpicker.com/product/fkCwrH/be-quiet-case-fan-bl046
    Reply to Chugalug_
  6. Also, keep the front panel off, at least during the summer, if no air conditioning. Performance/cooling will take precedence over looks/noise.
    Reply to Sedivy
  7. Chugalug_ said:
    Hmm, just get these.
    Silent and good static pressure.
    One 140mm at the top exhausting, two 120mm for the front intaking.
    https://pcpartpicker.com/product/4GsKHx/be-quiet-case-fan-bl047
    https://pcpartpicker.com/product/fkCwrH/be-quiet-case-fan-bl046


    would it be a good idea to use the two fans i got from the p400s as rear and top exhaust and two static pressure fans on the front?
    Reply to randomname6969
  8. Sedivy said:
    Also, keep the front panel off, at least during the summer, if no air conditioning. Performance/cooling will take precedence over looks/noise.


    the problem there is having a dog that sheds an extreme amount of hair and without the filters covering up the holes on the front panel, its basically a dust/hair storm in there
    Reply to randomname6969
  9. randomname6969 said:
    Chugalug_ said:
    Hmm, just get these.
    Silent and good static pressure.
    One 140mm at the top exhausting, two 120mm for the front intaking.
    https://pcpartpicker.com/product/4GsKHx/be-quiet-case-fan-bl047
    https://pcpartpicker.com/product/fkCwrH/be-quiet-case-fan-bl046


    would it be a good idea to use the two fans i got from the p400s as rear and top exhaust and two static pressure fans on the front?

    Yeah that's a good consideration, get two 140mms for the front and shift your existing 120mm up top then. :)
    Reply to Chugalug_
  10. Oh there is no front filter? That's not great. You should be able to get separate filters that will fit. These guys will have custom sizes, if they don't have anything that pre-fits:
    http://www.demcifilter.com/
    For example, if 2x140mm at front, one of these should fit:
    http://www.demcifilter.com/c204/Dual-Fans.aspx
    Or you can do arts and crafts and make one yourself using some stick on magnets and old stockings though that's not likely to look all that great.
    You shouldn't go without a front intake filter, or the one on psu, they're a must nowadays.
    Reply to Sedivy
  11. Sedivy said:
    Oh there is no front filter? That's not great. You should be able to get separate filters that will fit. These guys will have custom sizes, if they don't have anything that pre-fits:
    http://www.demcifilter.com/
    For example, if 2x140mm at front, one of these should fit:
    http://www.demcifilter.com/c204/Dual-Fans.aspx
    Or you can do arts and crafts and make one yourself using some stick on magnets and old stockings though that's not likely to look all that great.
    You shouldn't go without a front intake filter, or the one on psu, they're a must nowadays.

    when i said "without a dust filter" i meant that i do have one and i use it. if i were to take off the filter and front panel for more airflow, it would cause a shit ton of dust to go into my pc.
    Reply to randomname6969
  12. Oh, sorry I misunderstood. I thought taking the front shroud meant just the shroud and not shroud+filter. Never mind then.

    It's not a great setup though, if you have a lot of particles, and two small holes with a filter for intake only. They'll get clogged up fast. Rigorous cleaning is a must I guess.
    But I don't know how much static pressure fan will help with such a limitation in overall flow. Guess it would be an interesting experiment to see.
    Reply to Sedivy
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Fan Cases Eclipse