Solved

300/300 Mbps Internet is extremely slow.

I pay for 300/300 Fiber over Ethernet to my PC (Windows 10).. Just a few minutes ago I got 30/10 and now I get... this http://beta.speedtest.net/result/6448816584.png

o_O I have scanned my PC for virus, disabled IPv6, updated Killer Ethernet.. Cleared google history etc. But nothing helps.

And it's only on my PC this happens.. It reaches 300Mbps on my friends PC.

And 20 mins later: http://beta.speedtest.net/result/6448838662.png
Reply to TheRealRepix
18 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 300 300 mbps internet extremely slow
  1. Id recommend using this tutorial and unlocking your bandwith:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6byv5dWzNU

Its likely not the problem, however, I have needed to do this on a couple older computers.
    Next, try removing and re-inserting your ethernet cable on both ends multiple times to remove the chance that its a rust build-up.

Hope this helps, good luck.
    Reply to MART3R
  2. I know this may sound like an obvious, if unlikely problem, but are you sure all your ethernet cables are good.

I have a LAN, and most of my computers could transfer at gigabit ethernet speeds between each other, but one of them, even though it had a gigabit ethernet port, would only transfer at a maximum of 100Mbps.

While all of my cables were under 3 meters, the same age, and Cat 5e, it just turned out that the particular cable from my switch to the slow machine had some kind of issue. I put a new cable in on that one, and the problem was solved.
    Reply to King_V
  3. The Ethernet cable worked fine in my friends PC.. Reached 300/300. Not mine however.
    Reply to TheRealRepix
  4. TheRealRepix said:
    The Ethernet cable worked fine in my friends PC.. Reached 300/300. Not mine however.

Try contacting your ISP and seeing if it's a problem on their side.
    Reply to MART3R
  5. MART3R said:
    TheRealRepix said:
    The Ethernet cable worked fine in my friends PC.. Reached 300/300. Not mine however.

But it's not though.. It's only MY computer where it happens.. Everyone else is fine. Just not with me. I don't get it.
    Reply to TheRealRepix
  6. TheRealRepix said:
    MART3R said:
    TheRealRepix said:

But it's not though.. It's only MY computer where it happens.. Everyone else is fine. Just not with me. I don't get it.

Are you using the router provided by the ISP?
    Reply to MART3R
  7. MART3R said:
    TheRealRepix said:
    MART3R said:
    TheRealRepix said:

Sure am! Latest model.
    Reply to TheRealRepix
  8. TheRealRepix said:
    MART3R said:
    TheRealRepix said:
    MART3R said:
    TheRealRepix said:

Sure am! Latest model.

Well, how old is your house? The reason I ask is because Ive had cases where people paid for Fiber internet but the old dsl copper cables inbedded in their houses were rusty and throttling their new, fast internet speeds constantly because they didnt remove and replace the wire that was already there.
    Make sure that when they installed the new cables that they didnt just plug it into existing, out-dated copper cables.

I doubt it's your computer itself, judging by the specs on your profile (assuming their accurate) everything you have in your system is new enough that it shouldnt have this problem.

I hope this helps, good luck.
    Reply to MART3R
  9. MART3R said:
    TheRealRepix said:
    MART3R said:
    TheRealRepix said:
    MART3R said:
    TheRealRepix said:

Sure am! Latest model.

Well, how old is your house? The reason I ask is because Ive had cases where people paid for Fiber internet but the old dsl copper cables inbedded in their houses were rusty and throttling their new, fast internet speeds constantly because they didnt remove and replace the wire that was already there.
    Make sure that when they installed the new cables that they didnt just plug it into existing, out-dated copper cables.

I doubt it's your computer itself, judging by the specs on your profile (assuming their accurate) everything you have in your system is new enough that it shouldnt have this problem.

But my friend literally had 300/300 with the exact same Ethernet cable I'm using right now, only a little bit closer to the router. So it must be something on my computer that's slowing it down.. except I don't know what.. I don't have anything special running right now. o_o
    Reply to TheRealRepix
  10. TheRealRepix said:
    MART3R said:
    TheRealRepix said:
    MART3R said:
    TheRealRepix said:
    MART3R said:
    TheRealRepix said:

Sure am! Latest model.

But my friend literally had 300/300 with the exact same Ethernet cable I'm using right now, only a little bit closer to the router. So it must be something on my computer that's slowing it down.. except I don't know what.. I don't have anything special running right now. o_o

I do not mean the ethernet cable that connects the computer to the router, I mean the large Fiber Cable that connects the router to the wall. If the cable coming out of your wall, and into your router, is the same cable that was there before they installed the fiber internet, then that is likely the problem.

Have your friend bring his computer to your house just to try out your download speed. Plug his computer directly to your router using any Ethernet cable and then run the speed test again. If he received poor internet speeds like youve been experiencing, then call up your ISP and have them install your Fiber Cable properly.

Good luck, I hope this helps.
    Reply to MART3R
  11. MART3R said:
    TheRealRepix said:
    MART3R said:
    TheRealRepix said:
    MART3R said:
    TheRealRepix said:
    MART3R said:
    TheRealRepix said:

Sure am! Latest model.

I do not mean the ethernet cable that connects the computer to the router, I mean the large Fiber Cable that connects the router to the wall. If the cable coming out of your wall, and into your router, is the same cable that was there before they installed the fiber internet, then that is likely the problem.

Have your friend bring his computer to your house just to try out your download speed. Plug his computer directly to your router using any Ethernet cable and then run the speed test again. If he received poor internet speeds like youve been experiencing, then call up your ISP and have them install your Fiber Cable properly.

That's what I was saying. It worked perfectly for him.. the whole thing. Except for me.
    Reply to TheRealRepix
  12. TheRealRepix said:
    MART3R said:
    TheRealRepix said:
    MART3R said:
    TheRealRepix said:
    MART3R said:
    TheRealRepix said:
    MART3R said:
    TheRealRepix said:

Sure am! Latest model.

That's what I was saying. It worked perfectly for him.. the whole thing. Except for me.

Then I am completely at a loss, Im sorry I could not help you solve this problem.
    Reply to MART3R
  13. I'll have to say that I'm at a similar loss. The disparity seems bizarre. The only thing I'd suggest is that there's some kind of malware or virus, but you've already scanned for that. I could only suggest to try scanning again. I particularly use the free versions of Malwarebytes, and Spybot Search & Destroy, so, if you've used something else, you might consider trying those.

Just a shot in the dark, though.
    Reply to King_V
  14. King_V said:
    I'll have to say that I'm at a similar loss. The disparity seems bizarre. The only thing I'd suggest is that there's some kind of malware or virus, but you've already scanned for that. I could only suggest to try scanning again. I particularly use the free versions of Malwarebytes, and Spybot Search & Destroy, so, if you've used something else, you might consider trying those.

Just a shot in the dark, though.

Malwarebytes is what I used sadly.

I don't get it man :l
    Reply to TheRealRepix
  15. If all the cabling and hardware works for your friend, and you are positive nothing software-wise is throttling you (virus, malware, etc), then I would suspect maybe your network card is the problem. I believe you can find replacement cards for ~$10, might be worth a shot.
    Reply to Clix00
  16. I just found out the issue... Killer Ethernet has something called "Enable Advanced Stream Detect" And I disabled that... 300/300 speed.

Thank god!
    Reply to TheRealRepix
  17. Best answer
    Glad you were able to find the cause.
    Reply to King_V
  18. King_V said:
    Glad you were able to find the cause.

Thanks! me too :)
    Reply to TheRealRepix
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Networking Ethernet Card Internet