Solved

PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Causes PC to Shutdown when playing

Hello,

Recently I picked up PUBG and have been playing quite a bit. About a two weeks ago when playing, my PC randomly shutdown in the middle of a PUBG game. There was no blue screen, it appeared to have completely lost power. I left the PC for a while and came back, having monitoring software on my second display as I ran the game. The temps where fine, the CPU and Ram had a moderate load but nothing that would cause a crash though it then happened again. My second thought was that since my PC, two monitors and desk lamp was plugged into one socket that it was just to much for the single socket. To test this theory, I plugged my PC into a completely different socket while leaving everything else on the same socket. Unfortunately this had no affect and one again, shutting down. I left the game for about a 3 days after that furious night to return and play it completely stably. I spent about 10 hours, split up into a week of playtime. I then thought the issue had gracefully went away. Today it is happening again and I really want to get back onto the battlefield. This only happens when I run PUBG. I don't have any other games so performance hungry so if there is some benchmarking software someones knows that would simulate this game, please let me know. My PC has quite a decent power supply and it so I hope this is not the issue as I don't have a lot of money :(

Edit: I can now 100% confirm that it is not a temperature related issue. Gif of what the temps are before shutdown - Imgur
I ran Aida64 and Furmark for 15 minutes each, recommended by kookie3010 and my PC seemed to push though them with no problem.

Specs
CPU: AMD FX 6300 (water cooled)
GPU: ASUS R9 290
RAM: 8gb DDR3 G.SKILL RIPJAWS
PSU: Corsair CX 750M
Reply to Silly_Sam
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about playerunknown battlegrounds shutdown playing
  1. only thing that can be performance hungry is running aida64 and furmark at the same time.give it a go and see if your pc crash.
    Reply to kookie3010
  2. I just swapped out to my 500w PSU and is stable, its quite frustrating knowing that my good PSU is partially broken. Is there anything I can do to fix my Corsair CX 750M?
    Reply to Silly_Sam
  3. Best answer
    Silly_Sam said:
    I just swapped out to my 500w PSU and is stable, its quite frustrating knowing that my good PSU is partially broken. Is there anything I can do to fix my Corsair CX 750M?


    i suggest saving up and getting a new psu.fixing a failing psu is just not worth it and the issue might be worst than before if it fail again and might affect your component in the long run.funny how PUBG is the cause of the crash.also u mention that u run aida and furmark,did u run them together or during seperate times?
    Reply to kookie3010
  4. kookie3010 said:
    Silly_Sam said:
    I just swapped out to my 500w PSU and is stable, its quite frustrating knowing that my good PSU is partially broken. Is there anything I can do to fix my Corsair CX 750M?


    i suggest saving up and getting a new psu.fixing a failing psu is just not worth it and the issue might be worst than before if it fail again and might affect your component in the long run.funny how PUBG is the cause of the crash.also u mention that u run aida and furmark,did u run them together or during seperate times?


    I ran them at separate times though now I have found the source of the problem.
    Reply to Silly_Sam
  5. Silly_Sam said:
    kookie3010 said:
    Silly_Sam said:
    I just swapped out to my 500w PSU and is stable, its quite frustrating knowing that my good PSU is partially broken. Is there anything I can do to fix my Corsair CX 750M?


    i suggest saving up and getting a new psu.fixing a failing psu is just not worth it and the issue might be worst than before if it fail again and might affect your component in the long run.funny how PUBG is the cause of the crash.also u mention that u run aida and furmark,did u run them together or during seperate times?


    I ran them at separate times though now I have found the source of the problem.


    ah i see.you are suppose to run them at the same time.i usually left both of them running at the same time for 2-3hours when i have a new build.looks like your PSU needs replacement then.
    Reply to kookie3010
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Video Games Games Socket Shutdown Blue Screen Homebuilt